Zephyr_Nova

yeah, I have both Magic & Return compiled, I'm just  wondering about more projects with similar aesthetic. 

Anyone following the recent merzbow noise-drama? Seems the merzcast team took their rebuttal to masami offline (episode 14) and now i can't find it anywhere! could some kind soul share it with me if they have it archived?

11838310.jpg

Gwynplaine de Pétroleuse The Drought is a full on 10/10 tier album that is absolutely engrossing from start to finish. Some of the most horrifying and yet also captivating sounds, rhythms and abrasive noises met by apparition-like and macabre vocals and lyrics. Unparalleled Industrial, a must listen.

https://puce-mary.bandcamp.com/album/the-drought

On 5/6/2019 at 2:01 AM, kichiguy said:

Anyone following the recent merzbow noise-drama? Seems the merzcast team took their rebuttal to masami offline (episode 14) and now i can't find it anywhere! could some kind soul share it with me if they have it archived?

yup. also someone (maybe merzbow's team?) has been insulting greh

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

Possibly he doesn't like the fact that the podcast had a linked Patreon account and they are potentially making money from his name?

He also didn't like their discussion of his s&m related work back in the '90s which he has since disavowed. He is apparently really embarrassed by that nowadays days.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, hello spiral said:

nowadays days days?

Now, now. 

On 5/5/2019 at 11:36 PM, ghOsty said:

yeah, I have both Magic & Return compiled, I'm just  wondering about more projects with similar aesthetic. 

Kevin Drumm, some of his work is quite similar. 

I think he was just pissed off by their portrayal of him as a MASSIVE consumer/peddler of smut. Honestly, i think plenty of artists are embarrassed by a part of their legacy but he had a pretty strong adverse reaction to it, going to the extent of making petty personal insults. Seems so unlike his calm, no ripples beneath the surface public persona. Anyway, I think some of his best merz is bondage-era merz. That Right Brain Audile stuff is ace.  

^his Love is a Stream is an all time classic for me. I have it on LP.

Not sure if this was covered earlier in the thread but Matthew Bower aka Skullflower aka Sunroof! aka Hototogisu has been outed as a fascist

https://thequietus.com/articles/26024-skullflower-matthew-bower-fascism-racism

Been listening to his stuff for over ten years so kind've a bummer. Also proving the old adage All Publicity = Good Publicity, I've listened to nothing but his stuff since I read that Quietus piece yesterday. Catching up on unheard releases. And it's all as good as I remember it being. Ugh.

6 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

^his Love is a Stream is an all time classic for me. I have it on LP.

On the 3rd track now and it sounds really nice, not as rough or loud as In Summer. The textures in his songs just remind me of sunny days ?

Just now, hello spiral said:

Hmm ok, I dunno that 2016 album, will check it out cheers

Yeah it's just a short little EP that contradicting my last post sounds very similar to that 2010 album you just mentioned. His sounds are a lot more luscious on later releases.

On 5/19/2019 at 3:45 PM, hello spiral said:

^his Love is a Stream is an all time classic for me.

Great album, Songs of Forgiveness is pretty decent as well...

On 5/10/2019 at 2:23 AM, Crossword Enthusiast said:

Kevin Drumm, some of his work is quite similar. 

I need to listen to more Drumm, I've only really heard Sheer Hellish Miasma and a couple other random tracks

• 2 weeks later...

5056321601391_T10_Image.jpg

Consumer Electronics return with a double album of all new studio recordings produced by Russell Haswell.

Some wondered how the songwriting team of Philip Best and Sarah Froelich would fare after the leaving their London home to take up residency in the United States.

Well, here’s the answer. Recorded in San Francisco, CE deliver “Airless Space,” a state-of-the-union address that does for our American cousins what the band’s earlier “Estuary English” album did for a British audience poised upon the coming madness of Brexit.

Unusually for CE, “Airless Space” clocks in at 60 minutes, a hexed induction for a country labouring under a presidency, that like Brexit itself, few saw coming or contemplated having to endure.

https://cargorecordsdirect.co.uk/products/consumer-electronics-airless-space

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sutcliffe Jugend (accent can gtfo) - With Extreme Prejudice. Quite an experience.

How this all came together marrying brutal distortion, drops into seemingly out of place harmonics & tales of abuse somehow works.

Lastly, it has a truly unsettling sleeve that creeps me out just as much as the audio:

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...