IGNORED

My Bloody Valentine - mbv

vamos scorcho

Your argument is flawed as great music is timeless and therefore it does not age. I did not say it was as good as Loveless, but I happen to think it's at least close. Its similarities does not bother me one bit and nor does your opinion that it sucks. It's your toilet metaphors and dishonest hyperbole. Basically you reek of shit sir

There that's my opinion.

fairly stupid to say an album just a month old is timeless and does not age lol but anyway you should really play the argument here not the poster by continuing with your foul language use and personal insults. i'd never stoop that low on watmm so the mods should pull you up on it, guess you're just like mbv lp3 then, low and poor. feeling fanatically peeved off someone does not like your music? good, i'm glad it bothers you.

I'm saying music can be timeless, so when it was actually made, even if it is something that is aesthetically decades old can still be regarded as very good. And I've already gone over the fact that it isn't your opinion that bothers me, it is the framing of your opinion. As much as I hate to call someone this, you are a troll. Trolling has nothing to do with the actual opinion but how one presents it and you sir are playing a very amateur game. I'm only personally insulting you, tongue and cheek, as that is what you want. You should be thanking me.

yea of course, but we're not talking about an album from the early 90s here, so lp3 is timeless? lol

no troll, i've posted a bit on here. i want to be insulted with foul language? lol FUCK YOU DUDE! hows that for a first!

its nowhere near Loveless, get over it, trying to convince yourself this new album is brilliant cos critics say so. its past, 22 years too late. "oh they say it's good so it must be" believe your own hype, if Sheils farted you'd box it up and worship it while he laughs all the way to the bank, well he is now anyway. its mediocre toilet production.

Oh this old chestnut. 'I don't like it, so I'll write some bullshit post about how NO-ONE could like it, and claim they're all pseuds who are pretending to like it for whatever reason'.

You can fuck right off with that. It's not big, it's not clever.

its not very Big and Clever to tell someone to do that, some of you on here really need to clean your mouths out. I don't like it and not convinced by an average album just cos its mbv or my mates thinks so, i have a good mind of my own thanks. thats my opinion and what i think of it, and i never told anyone to not listen to it so what the fuck are you on about?

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just put on the album for the first time in about a week, and it's striking how immediately griping it is, at least for me. I'll grant, I'm a product of 80/90s popular music culture, and there's a certain amount of relativity here. Maybe this won't be appealing to people who grow up listening to Goyte or whatever the fuck is popular nowadays: I'm not knocking that stuff, though. Rather, my point is this--it struck me that even if this music doesn't sound "new", or it sounds like some throwback to the 90s, it's too fucking good to dismiss for that reason alone. What I mean is this: the idea that all art needs to be "new" is misguided. Sometimes you just want something that resonates well with your temperament. In that regard, this album is perfect for me right now, and I don't imagine that I'm alone in this.

I just put on the album for the first time in about a week, and it's striking how immediately griping it is, at least for me. I'll grant, I'm a product of 80/90s popular music culture, and there's a certain amount of relativity here. Maybe this won't be appealing to people who grow up listening to Goyte or whatever the fuck is popular nowadays: I'm not knocking that stuff, though. Rather, my point is this--it struck me that even if this music doesn't sound "new", or it sounds like some throwback to the 90s, it's too fucking good to dismiss for that reason alone. What I mean is this: the idea that all art needs to be "new" is misguided. Sometimes you just want something that resonates well with your temperament. In that regard, this album is perfect for me right now, and I don't imagine that I'm alone in this.

Well said and you are exactly right.

Thanks, compson.

I'm listening to it again (for the third time today), and "if i am" = goosebumps from beginning to end. BEAUTIFUL.

Thanks, compson.

I'm listening to it again (for the third time today), and "if i am" = goosebumps from beginning to end. BEAUTIFUL.

"if i am" is my new favorite. this album really is amazing, especially considering how set up they were for failure. to come back after all these years with this is astounding.

"if this and yes" is the only song i'm not really feeling, it ruins the flow in my opinion.

Your argument is flawed as great music is timeless and therefore it does not age. I did not say it was as good as Loveless, but I happen to think it's at least close. Its similarities does not bother me one bit and nor does your opinion that it sucks. It's your toilet metaphors and dishonest hyperbole. Basically you reek of shit sir

There that's my opinion.

fairly stupid to say an album just a month old is timeless and does not age lol but anyway you should really play the argument here not the poster by continuing with your foul language use and personal insults. i'd never stoop that low on watmm so the mods should pull you up on it, guess you're just like mbv lp3 then, low and poor. feeling fanatically peeved off someone does not like your music? good, i'm glad it bothers you.

I'm saying music can be timeless, so when it was actually made, even if it is something that is aesthetically decades old can still be regarded as very good. And I've already gone over the fact that it isn't your opinion that bothers me, it is the framing of your opinion. As much as I hate to call someone this, you are a troll. Trolling has nothing to do with the actual opinion but how one presents it and you sir are playing a very amateur game. I'm only personally insulting you, tongue and cheek, as that is what you want. You should be thanking me.

yea of course, but we're not talking about an album from the early 90s here, so lp3 is timeless? lol

no troll, i've posted a bit on here. i want to be insulted with foul language? lol FUCK YOU DUDE! hows that for a first!

its nowhere near Loveless, get over it, trying to convince yourself this new album is brilliant cos critics say so. its past, 22 years too late. "oh they say it's good so it must be" believe your own hype, if Sheils farted you'd box it up and worship it while he laughs all the way to the bank, well he is now anyway. its mediocre toilet production.

Oh this old chestnut. 'I don't like it, so I'll write some bullshit post about how NO-ONE could like it, and claim they're all pseuds who are pretending to like it for whatever reason'.

You can fuck right off with that. It's not big, it's not clever.

its not very Big and Clever to tell someone to do that, some of you on here really need to clean your mouths out. I don't like it and not convinced by an average album just cos its mbv or my mates thinks so, i have a good mind of my own thanks. thats my opinion and what i think of it, and i never told anyone to not listen to it so what the fuck are you on about?

Oh good god, you're fine posting that you don't like it, even if your reasoning seems bizarre (it objectively does not sound like it was recorded 'in a toilet'). However, posts where you claim everyone who likes it are effectively frauds are clearly provocative and you're bound to get some angry, even rude replies.

If this is what you're after, you're basically trolling. If you're on the other hand genuinely surprised and put out by these responses, you're a bit of an idiot. Either way, you're not coming out of this well.

Guest bitroast

Thanks, compson.

"if i am" is my new favorite. this album really is amazing, especially considering how set up they were for failure. to come back after all these years with this is astounding.

"if this and yes" is the only song i'm not really feeling, it ruins the flow in my opinion.

yes, agreeing on 'if i am'. that outro is beautiful, and constantly playing in my head.

danshoebridge, on 25 Feb 2013 - 22:22, said:

Oh good god, you're fine posting that you don't like it, even if your reasoning seems bizarre (it objectively does not sound like it was recorded 'in a toilet'). However, posts where you claim everyone who likes it are effectively frauds are clearly provocative and you're bound to get some angry, even rude replies.

If this is what you're after, you're basically trolling. If you're on the other hand genuinely surprised and put out by these responses, you're a bit of an idiot. Either way, you're not coming out of this well.

"posts where I claim everyone who likes it are effectively frauds" ??? thats really how you interpret it, clearly you made that up as i never said such a thing.

I see you're continuing to dress up your posts with direct abuse towards the poster, i'm a troll, oh and a new one now "i'm now an idiot" i can live with that, not as bad as been told to f%£k right off though which i've just reported. very lame defence you have, I think i'm coming out of this very well if thats how you see it here, winning etc

danshoebridge, on 25 Feb 2013 - 22:22, said:

"posts where I claim everyone who likes it are effectively frauds" ??? thats really how you interpret it, clearly you made that up as i never said such a thing.

I see you're continuing to dress up your posts with direct abuse towards the poster, i'm a troll, oh and a new one now "i'm now an idiot" i can live with that, not as bad as been told to f%£k right off though which i've just reported. very lame defence you have, I think i'm coming out of this very well if thats how you see it here, winning etc

lol the album is amazing

You seem to be the only one dressing up posts by making assumptions that aren't consistent. Unless you have never been a fan of MBV, it simply defies logic to say this album would have "maybe passed" if it was released 22 years ago, when Loveless's praise and this albums praise demonstrate the opposite. I am not pretending to enjoy this because it is critically praised, I am commenting on your notion that this album somehow is of immense contrast in quality compared to their prior work and your continued assault that they are therefore lazy, careless, toilet producing burn outs. Bare in mind again, it is not your opinion that is deplorable but the way you defend it and justify it. Which to borrow your terminology sounds like something a child thought of while elevated up on his own shit hole.

Well I'll take your post at face value... clearly despite your provocative posts attacking not the music, but the motives of the people who like it, you're clearly a very delicate soul unused to these kind of robust replies. Please accept my apologies, and with them, if I may be so presumptuous, a bit of advice.

If these replies upset you, you may in future want to avoid posts accusing fans of a certain artist ot album of

trying to convince yourself this new album is brilliant cos critics say so...."oh they say it's good so it must be" believe your own hype, if Sheils farted you'd box it up and worship it while he laughs all the way to the bank.

Otherwise this whole unfortunate situation may repeat itself.

vinyl just arrived in the post.

probably one of the worst packaged records I've ever bought, I'm surprised it got to me in one piece. single LP packaged in a box that would befit the Exai quad LP, and without any padding panels.

if you hold the CD up to a light, you can see small holes in the design - this doesn't bode well

gPOgd6pl.jpg

but the vinyl was mastered by the same guy that has done Autechre's stuff for years, Noel Summerville

VqjSD9tl.jpg

My CD looks OK, only played the vinyl so far though (which sounds solid). Held back from listening since I first downloaded it so as to enjoy it properly. I put it on expecting to hear a band sweep away twenty-odd years of anticipation, hype and frustration with an album that stands up in its own right without holding it up against Loveless. And that's what I got.

love how ghetto this release was, in terms of the site and packaging for the product. such a last minute cash in. the music is still good though. listening to my copy again and i'm wondering how old some of these tracks are.

Saw these guys live a few weeks ago... I thought they were "meh" but my girlfriend hated the show. What is the point of such ear destroying volume forcing you to where ear plugs? I fucking hate ear plugs, but they were mandatory. Does everything other than the distortion need to be even more buried than on the albums? Because it made the experience a lot less enjoyable than it would have otherwise been.15 minutes straight of punishing distortion? Fuck off... that's damn boring.

The one track from the new album they played actually translated really well to the live setting, but apart from that I was left scratching me head.

Guest bitroast

Saw these guys live a few weeks ago... I thought they were "meh" but my girlfriend hated the show. What is the point of such ear destroying volume forcing you to where ear plugs? I fucking hate ear plugs, but they were mandatory. Does everything other than the distortion need to be even more buried than on the albums? Because it made the experience a lot less enjoyable than it would have otherwise been.15 minutes straight of punishing distortion? Fuck off... that's damn boring.

The one track from the new album they played actually translated really well to the live setting, but apart from that I was left scratching me head.

made a similar post back on page 12 (remember page 12? http://forum.watmm.com/topic/77405-my-bloody-valentine-lp3/?p=1954055)

i agree about the noise outro being boring. for a minute or so i was thinking "yeah, this sounds like thunder/explosion/inside a jet engine, i can dig this." then after... 15 minutes, i was just kicking my feet around, looking around the venue bored.

saw them two times as well. first time was at festival, where the sound was shit. and it really left me feeling "meh" about the whole experience. second time was the side show at the palace theatre, the sound was pretty spot on and overall the show was excellent :)

during the second show, stood by the sound desk and didn't wear earplugs. just before the last song, the video tech guy leaned over and said it was the last time they'll be playing the song like this. i think referring to the noise outro, which means. no more 15 minute noise outros :):) good riddance! you won't be missed (by me). etc. etc.

also, while we're at it.

here's a video i took of To here knows when.

and here's a fuzzy picture of the setlist.

542644_10151561849901719_1049344371_n.jp

A question for the people who ordered the vinyl and CD, was your CD stuck inside the vinyl gatefold sleeve? I've got the vinyl here and was planning on not opening it (I'll probably give it to somebody as a present when I'm 70 so they can sell it on Ebay and make a fortune or make 5 future Eurobucks) but can't tell if there's also a CD in there or not.

They could have made a bit more effort with the packaging in my opinion. Oh well, still love the album, mostly the first half though.

A question for the people who ordered the vinyl and CD, was your CD stuck inside the vinyl gatefold sleeve? I've got the vinyl here and was planning on not opening it (I'll probably give it to somebody as a present when I'm 70 so they can sell it on Ebay and make a fortune or make 5 future Eurobucks) but can't tell if there's also a CD in there or not.

They could have made a bit more effort with the packaging in my opinion. Oh well, still love the album, mostly the first half though.

The CD is inside the vinyl, sitting in a little slit in the card on the right-hand side of the gatefold. Have to agree with you on the packaging, although the album is cracking!

Archived