IGNORED

My Bloody Valentine - mbv

vamos scorcho

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm still waiting for the site to contact me. I couldn't download the tracks on Sunday despite repeated attempts. In doing so, my purchase redeem expired.

I've mailed their support twice since Sunday but despite sending me automated responses about contacting me with in 48 hours, they haven't done so.

I wonder how easy it would be to get a PayPal refund.

You guys. I'm just gonna say it.

I think this album is better than Loveless.

And that's not the hype talking.

I really want to see them play these songs live.

it's very different, but i never thought loveless was their best. i definitely like this more.

More I listen to this the more it unravels, the first listen was quite confusing. The first track is full of those clever melodies they use that are so fleeting but compose such a solid whole, it just takes a while to get used to them

it's very different, but i never thought loveless was their best. i definitely like this more.

Same here, obviously.

I went back and listened to loveless again. Still feeling the new one more.

"Who sees you" is a game changer.

Actually, so are all the rest.

*exai released, thread dies*

Haha! I don't plan on getting Exai. I fell off the Autechre wagon around the time of EP7 and never got back on.

I'll keep this thread going on my own, if necessary :)

Same here, obviously.

I went back and listened to loveless again. Still feeling the new one more.

"Who sees you" is a game changer.

Actually, so are all the rest.

"who sees you" is monstrous, can't stop listening to it!

i can't say this is better than loveless, but each listen its stature grows.

My downloads are re-enabled finally but I'm beginning to think this is a location problem.

I'm on a 1GB fibre connection and this is what I'm currently looking at for just a single track.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot93v0olevw7asq/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-08%20at%2022.59.06.png

what's wrong with that ? looks fine

My downloads are re-enabled finally but I'm beginning to think this is a location problem.

I'm on a 1GB fibre connection and this is what I'm currently looking at for just a single track.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ot93v0olevw7asq/Screen%20Shot%202013-02-08%20at%2022.59.06.png

what's wrong with that ? looks fine

oh lol, you probably mean the 21 hours remaining ? yeah, that's fucked up. just grab it from somewhere else if you already paid for it, i can help.

Guest Ron Manager

The worst thing I ever did like that was set an mp3 as an alarm on a phone... what was I thinking. Can hardly listen to Flim now because I just associate it with waking up and feeling like shit.

The worst thing I ever did like that was set an mp3 as an alarm on a phone... what was I thinking. Can hardly listen to Flim now because I just associate it with waking up and feeling like shit.

Haha, I almost did that with this song:

Would have been so fitting, but I really don't want to ruin it!

this album is either extremely close to loveless, equal to loveless, or better than loveless

no other answer is correct

you just have to blast "in another way"

Two Thousand Thirteen

This album is mind balloon

I never do that shit to music I know is good. Why play it out to yourself? I ruined Laughable Butane Bob cutting a music video to it once. It's never been the same since.

I love those two tracks so much :sad:

i like this album a lot. doesn't come close to Loveless but i wasn't expecting it to.

i'm a little disappointed that he could only pull 9 tracks from 22 years, especially given the fact that he scrapped 2 albums worth of material.

'mbv' is so obviously three 3-song suites that were recorded at different times. it really doesn't hold together that well as an album.

i wish he would have taken at least one more song from each of the periods and then released them as three separate 4-song EPs, then toured on those and a year or 2 down the road release an album of all new material.

Guest Ron Manager

Haha, I almost did that with this song:

Would have been so fitting, but I really don't want to ruin it!

I never do that shit to music I know is good. Why play it out to yourself? I ruined Laughable Butane Bob cutting a music video to it once. It's never been the same since.

>>The worst thing I ever did like that was set an mp3 as an alarm on a phone... what was I thinking. Can hardly listen to Flim now because I just associate it with waking up and feeling like shit.

I love those two tracks so much :sad:

Yeah, I don't even know why I chose Flim. Fuck knows what made me think it'd be a good 'wake-up' song... Meshuggah would have been better, but only because I'm not that into them!

Oh yeah, to get back on topic: have listened to this once but I'm not sure, there wasn't much that immediately grabbed me. Will try again tomorrow...

Archived