IGNORED

NEW MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3/31 ???

J3FF3R00

• J3FF3R00 changed the title to NEW MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3/31 ???
37 minutes ago, QQQ said:

based on the teaser i'm guessing they'll add their albums to streaming services on that date. a new album would be cool though.

Why sign up for a mailing list for that, though? 

39 minutes ago, QQQ said:

based on the teaser i'm guessing they'll add their albums to streaming services on that date. a new album would be cool though.

Yeah, could be as pedestrian as that. Or vinyl reissues. 

this summarizes the speculations of what it could be:

https://music.avclub.com/my-bloody-valentine-and-michael-imperioli-are-teasing-s-1846575850

The teased release is likely something in celebration of Loveless’ 30th anniversary. We could assume that it’s just a reissue and nothing to be too excited about, but Christophah Michael Imperioli, who is a huge shoegaze guy, posted a cryptic image of his face imposed on the cover art for Loveless on social media over the weekend, captioned “For those who know what this means, stay tuned for something bloody exciting in the works.”

16 minutes ago, Upset man said:

Why sign up for a mailing list for that, though? 

Because whoever manages MBV can sell that mailing list for big bucks, or the label can use it for more outreach, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Because whoever manages MBV can sell that mailing list for big bucks, or the label can use it for more outreach, etc.

That sucks but makes sense. I hope it’s not something that empty: Advertising that they’re coming to streaming platforms and collecting your info to sell. I really want some new Mbv stuff that they talked about having ready years ago etc... 

16 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

My guess: Loveless reissue with bonus unreleased tracks

lol Kevin must have forgotten he already did that. the guy must have a horrible understanding of the passing of time. 

16 minutes ago, chronical said:

My wish: collaboration album with BOC (with unreleased loveless bonus tracks)

Holy hell! What an April Fools that would have been...

• Haha 1

My guess is remastered streaming and vinyl reissues. The last couple rounds of reissues sold super well. I’d buy a vinyl of the 88-91 EP comp that I believe was only officially issued on CD. 
spacer.png
(it looks like there’s a flash of that image in the teaser)

Edited by J3FF3R00

i've been monitoring this situation closely over the past few days lol

it's looking likely that mbv have signed to domino records and the full back catalog is being properly re-pressed (with proper distro) and (re)released on streaming platforms.

a new album is done/almost done but i don't expect that til later in the year. i'm guessing tomorrow is all about the re-release campaign.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 2