IGNORED

My Bloody Valentine - mbv

vamos scorcho

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cult fiction

It's not hypnotic like good krautrock - it's too mechanical. If they did that for 10 minutes at a show I would consider going and getting a beer. I enjoy it for about a minute and then I'm ready to move on to the loveliness that is wonder 2.

Does anybody like "Nothing Is"? I can't fathom how this made the cut on a 9 song album 20 years in the making.

i love it. it's relentless, the sheer repetitiveness is sort of the point. best played loud.

i bet you listen to techno that's the same four bars over and over and don't complain.

wait til you get to chemo. they won't shut up about simon reynolds and reclusive geniuses and eventually someone is yelling about jews and everyone shits their pants.

the youtube comments for wonder 2 actually gave me cancer.

god damnit kaini your avatar is gonna give me an aneurysm

edit: Listened again today. This album is fucking great. It's even good really quiet in headphones, seems to have a completely different feel to when played loud.

Guest Mirezzi

Does anybody like "Nothing Is"? I can't fathom how this made the cut on a 9 song album 20 years in the making.

i love it. it's relentless, the sheer repetitiveness is sort of the point. best played loud.

i bet you listen to techno that's the same four bars over and over and don't complain.

With Kaini on that one. I think "Nothing Is" kicks ass.

the youtube comments for wonder 2 actually gave me cancer.

whats giving me cancer is not knowing where your avatars from :emotawesomepm9:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoya

Please stop posting sexy pictures of Stoya as your avatar. It is distracting me from being able to properly use WATMM.

ehm is the sound quality of this supposed to be shit or what? well the volume is down, need to turn it up to hear this 'amazing production' you're all on about. sounds like it was recorded in the toilet, sorry!

lol at this comment

MASSIVE LOL

Guest bitroast

Saw them live last night at Ill be your mirror festival (had tickets to see them at the Friday sideshow, yesterday morning was offered a free festival ticket from someone who was friends with someone staffing a food stand^~^ ^~^)

I was loving it up until the extended noise ending at the end of the set. I honestly stood there for the whole 15 minutes thinking "I don't get this..". I didn't 'get' it.

Also, of the new material they only played New you. Was kind of hanging out for some more new material, considering the album is actually good. But oh well.

(Can't complain considering it was a free ticket. Will leave that for Friday:)

"I don't get this..". I didn't 'get' it.

the last 3 songs are ok, the rest is meh. maybe 22 years ago it would have passed but now.... nah, i doubt they care anyway, it certainly sounds that way.

would have passed? loveless is tremendous!

You can't accuse them of not caring and then classify their sound as just adequate if it were released 22 years ago... I know everyone has their opinion, but at least be fucking consistent. :cerious:

"I don't get this..". I didn't 'get' it.

would have passed? loveless is tremendous!

You can't accuse them of not caring and then classify their sound as just adequate if it were released 22 years ago... I know everyone has their opinion, but at least be fucking consistent. :cerious:

pay attention, i'm not talking about loveless.

3 songs and the rest mediocre filler, yea you mean that fucking consistent? oh right

Last three tracks are the worst. The beats for In Another Way and Nothing Is are embarrassing, and then there's that jungle pattern and the completely invasive flanger effect on Wonder 2. Also, Nothing Is is just a riff that recycles for 3 and a half minutes? What?I don't understand how virtually no one has a problem with these songs.

Also, Nothing Is is just a riff that recycles for 3 and a half minutes? What?I don't understand how virtually no one has a problem with these songs.

I like it loads, and there's a bit more to it than just a riff that recycles for 3 and a half mins. to me, anyways.

Archived