IGNORED

Frank Ocean bombs at Grammys

LimpyLoo

every time someone mentions Frank Ocean, I'm like "fuck yeah! play some Billy Ocean!" and then I have to back up and reprocess their statement, and ultimately recant my enthusiasm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_KwwluMijE

Everyone's been trying to get me into Frank Ocean. Am I missing something?

My impression as of right now is that he's just another dude that needs auto-tune to sell records.

He can actually sing - that's the problem. Trey Parker has mentioned that in the auto-tune episode of South Park he had to make himself not hit notes to actually make the effect worth. It was a bad idea to try the auto-tune effects live.

As for his stuff - it's ok.

http://youtu.be/s7HyAJAQuXc

The one track they keep playing on the radio here is pleasant, but it's R&B and apparently everyone is jizzing all over that lately. I'm already tired of it. He's still a class act compared to most of the other assholes at the Grammys. Carrie Underwood, all American "good ole girl" and singer of "Jesus Take The Wheel" wore a fucking $31 million dollar necklace. The media lives off Chris Brown, a woman beating homophobic shitbag who assualted Frank Ocean a week or two ago. It's a circle jerk insisting it's own importance. A crappy performance by a talented person who I'm personally apathetic to doesn't mean anything to me.

Edited by joshuatx

dude has *a lot* of gay appeal. That alone will catapult him into an echelon of popularity that someone without gay appeal wouldn't be able to achieve. I've heard he's come out as being bi-sexual and perhaps this is why he has so much gay appeal, not really sure. I just know all my gay friends love him and think he's one of the greatest musicians of all time, the same ones who were obsessed over Lady Gaga for a year

Fuck the ocean and the grammis, watch this instead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knf72HY41w4

i'm a kraftwerk fan but this was kinda shit. They've been milking the same non-live show for almost 2 decades. At this point the blueman group is almost equally respectable, which is saying a lot

somehow his being gay makes me totally ok with his success because at least he's not gonna steal your girlfriend or anything

honestly i don't really care either way about ocean! fuck him! fuck all of em. boring!

bi not gay, so he'll steal your girlfriend and try to fuck you at the same time (bad joke)

Guest nene multiple assgasms

don't ask me; I was watching the walking dead. the only thing I've heard from frank ocean is when he was on saturday night live, and I rather enjoyed it. probably not enough to get his album, though.

I think Frank Ocean is the perfect example, that music review outlets are more concerned with the image of a artist, rather than the actual music, when they give album scores.

Edited by Ceerial

Wow is that serious? He playing a keytar and she wearing a run dmc t-shirt clearly states they're comedians. innit?

I'm still reeling in disbelief that Al Walser didn't win for 'Best Dance Recording'...

it's definitely an image thing putting him at ZOMG #1 ALBUM on a bunch of lists for Channel Orange, but assuming he's actually doing the heavy lifting for the songwriting I reckon he's got his best work ahead of him.

personally I hope he gets all disillusioned with the music industry and does a Swordfishtrombones.