Could be pay for various actors over time, dunno, recurring cast that he envisioned was too expensive?

this is weird tho

Could be pay for various actors over time, dunno, recurring cast that he envisioned was too expensive?

this is weird tho

He said "not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done". I'm not actually sure I know what that means? Do you think he wanted to include too many actors, or...?

Yeah sounds like underfunding to me.

The president of Showtime David Nevins has emailed statements to the effect that he is trying to do what is needed to make it happen with Lynch and everyone on board.

Showtime must have thrown a bunch of money after Soderbergh so he could make The Knick (which is an awesome show btw) because Clive Owen can't be cheap, neither can Cliff Martinez... and Andre Holland is getting there.

I don't know what else Showtime produces?

EDIT: Oh shit, they have Dexter, Homeland, Ray Donovan, and Weeds...

Anyway, I agree with Oscilik. Don't make season 3. Just don't.

a big-brother-like small town setup where everyone is their role 24/7, with him walking around with a mini-dv cam and a spliff

Don't forget that David Lynch has got a massive boner for shooting in film again. Shooting in film isn't exactly cheap...

Twin Peaks needs no furtherance.

I'm glad he came around on that. Inland Empire looked... special.

INLAND EMPIRE (type it correctly, fuckheads) was initially quite jarring, but after I think the second or third watch it still had the angles and decor and stuff.

but yeah, the digital format does do it a disservice. Sounds silly, I know, but I think the movie would've looked a lot better on film.

Don't forget that David Lynch has got a massive boner for shooting in film again. Shooting in film isn't exactly cheap...

Is that legit? Because that would inflate the budget significantly for no other reason than romanticism. The quality of digital cameras and the possibilities in treating the image these days is almost limitless compared to film. Jesus, Inland Empire was all shot on Mini-DV, arguably the worst looking format ever!

Is that legit? Because that would inflate the budget significantly for no other reason than romanticism. The quality of digital cameras and the possibilities in treating the image these days is almost limitless compared to film. Jesus, Inland Empire was all shot on Mini-DV, arguably the worst looking format ever!

yes it's 'legit', whilst he was remastering Twin Peaks for Bluray he was waxing lyrical about film again.

I think they will, Dave :(

because as much of a bad idea it is with Lynch involved, without Lynch involved there will still be droves of people willing to watch.

The president of Showtime David Nevins has emailed statements to the effect that he is trying to do what is needed to make it happen with Lynch and everyone on board.

Showtime Networks knows that, and with the help of reader David Nedeljko, Welcome to Twin Peaks got word directly from Showtime President David Nevins that he’s still trying to save the Twin Peaks deal as it was presented to us in October; with David Lynch directing all nine episodes. The statement came in an e-mail response a few hours after David Lynch’s tweets.

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

sorry guise, I know you all have a boner on for more Twin Peaks, but we've seen it time and time again. I'll be the first to admit I was a negative nancy-twat if it happens and it's actually awesome. But TRON Legacy was shite, so was Prometheus. And in both cases the 'original creative forces' were involved, and they still fucked it up.

sorry guise, I know you all have a boner on for more Twin Peaks, but we've seen it time and time again. I'll be the first to admit I was a negative nancy-twat if it happens and it's actually awesome. But TRON Legacy was shite, so was Prometheus. And in both cases the 'original creative forces' were involved, and they still fucked it up.

dude wtf you're comparing lynch with 2 shitty directors.... i mean, tron legacy?? who directed that? and prometheus? 90 years old ridley scott?

dude wtf you're comparing lynch with 2 shitty directors.... i mean, tron legacy?? who directed that? and prometheus? 90 years old ridley scott?

completely missing the point.

I said that, despite the original creative forces being involved in the projects, they were bad.

anyway, if you want more Twin Peaks just watch Broadchurch. It's got that Doctor Twat fellow in it.

I said that, despite the original creative forces being involved in the projects, they were bad.

and how's this another point?

you're blaming everyone around the directors except the directors himself? you mean that, even if lynch directed the new twin peaks, it would definitely come crap out of it because of times and everyone involved in it?

and how's this another point?

you're blaming everyone around the directors except the directors himself? you mean that, even if lynch directed the new twin peaks, it would definitely come crap out of it because of times and everyone involved in it?

normally i'd agree with this statement, but i think lynch is creative enough to make it work. the main problem i had/feared was that the actors had changed too much to really make it work. also does piper laurie still act? i'm sure she'd come out of retirement to do the show, but would we recognize catherine still?

also i think the format for twin peaks is extremely challenging for today's audience. even in 1992, 1 episode representing 1 day in twin peaks proved too much. i'm not sure if people forget that the show was cancelled because the audience declined. i'm guessing showtime didn't see any reasonable reason to offer a certain amount of money considering how slow the show was supposed to be- and how little explosions, murders etc would be offered to what would initially be a psychological thriller

btw i was really surprised to see some of the most vocal people about the showtime/twin peaks revival. of all people, bill shatner is dying to see this.

as for prometheus, yes, that was a rubbish film, but ridley scott is like a movie studios favorite director. he just puts out the product with not a care in the world if anyone will even enjoy it on time and on budget (usually blowing a majority of it on promotion) and just attaching his "from the director of gladiator and blade runner" to ensure eyeballs are locked in

i really wish instead of doing a third season of twin peaks, lynch got the offer to make another tv show. or maybe make 'one saliva bubble' or 'ronnie rocket'

Edited by Nebraska