• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish they hadn't revealed the worm at the end there.

Nevermind, looks fun.  Might make my first 2020 trip to the cinema for this (unless we are back in lockdown again...)

I hope the dialogue is clear - seems to be a problem lately (Tenet had bad reviews because of the audio mixing)

as a big fan of the book and the director, i'm hype. 

hard to imagine any adaptation recreating the experience of the book. every word seemed distilled. but there's certainly the makings for a good film, and i think dennis is doing it.

I have to agree on the colour grading, looks like that shit Han Solo movie. Everything's way too dark and muddy.

Ah, it's not Deakins this time. Explains the dull look.

Edited by Gocab

looks pretty great! wish they used the choral hans zimmer music from the teaser but i get that this is also a mass market film. 

It makes me smile knowing just how many nerds in december will be leaning into their girlfriends ear trying to explain what the fuck a Butlerian Jihad is before the next scene.

• Haha 1

I know it’s only a trailer but it seems so mechanical, the way they talk...

I really doubt it’ll be better than this, but i hope I’m wrong:

...and that kid is maybe a good actor but he’s nooooowhere near kyle maclachlan which has the needed depth

Edited by xox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, auxien said:

that Pink Floyd cover was a terrible idea and someone should be shot for playing that shit. 

yeah that was cringe. I'd also suspect that a good chunk of people watching this won't even realize that's a pink floyd cover. 

one actor I have a hard time taking seriously is Jason Momoa. maybe it's that smirk he always seems to use quite a bit.

• Like 2