• 3 weeks later...

lol, this is mulholland drive all over again.

TV Exec: "Lynch is a good brand, lets commission him to do a thing!"

6 months later

"what is this weird shit?! This won't fit our pre-researched, marketed demographic at all"

*cancels everything*

lol, this is mulholland drive all over again.

TV Exec: "Lynch is a good brand, lets commission him to do a thing!"

6 months later

"what is this weird shit?! This won't fit our pre-researched, marketed demographic at all"

*cancels everything*

and hopefully after another 6 months then he'll rework the entire thing and make it into something great with funding from somewhere else.

it worked with md.

if it's true that showtime pulled the plug on this, then it won't be long before some other company is going to swoop in on it. this already got a lot of publicity.

EDIT: looks like showtime didn't pull the plug -

We just received the this message from David Lynch's office:

Dear Facebook Friends, David wanted me to pass along the following statement:

Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks.

After one year and four months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done.

This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing.

Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime.

I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

Edited by digit

Guest bitroast

No Lynch, no Twin Peaks. Just look at the second half of season two.

absolutely. i too love 'the world of twin peaks' but without david lynchs involvement it crosses the line from something i have a passing interest in to downright something i outright probably want to avoid lol.

seems that's already happening...

"We were saddened to read David Lynch's statement today since we believed we were working towards solutions with David and his reps on the few remaining deal points," read the statement.

"Showtime also loves the world of Twin Peaks and we continue to hold out hope that we can bring it back in all its glory with both of its extraordinary creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost, at its helm."

No Lynch, no Twin Peaks. Just look at the second half of season two.

Exactly. It would be less shitty if Showtime pulled the plug compared to what's actually happening now.

Would it be unthinkable for Lynch to still shop around other networks? Netflix maybe? Or are his hands already contractually tied? Seeing the reactions from the actors (Kimmy Robertson, Peggy Lipton, Harry Goaz) on Twitter/fb I can't see how they would agree to even continue without Lynch.

And already a petition has been set-up: https://www.change.org/p/showtime-save-twin-peaks

Have absolutely zero interest in this without David Lynch directing. That was pretty much the only way it was ever going to succeed.

Edited by fumi

seriously, this idea needs to die.

Twin Peaks ended perfectly, you couldn't ask for a more perfect and fitting end. Look at what happened with Alien / Prometheus. Alien was great. It didn't need a background. Prometheus came along and ruined it.

I think the television budgets 25 years ago were probably a lot larger than today. I commend Lynch to sticking to his vision even if it means there won't be any compromised version of Twin Peaks.

Dear Facebook Friends, Showtime did not pull the plug on Twin Peaks. After 1 year and 4 months of negotiations, I left because not enough money was offered to do the script the way I felt it needed to be done. This weekend I started to call actors to let them know I would not be directing. Twin Peaks may still be very much alive at Showtime. I love the world of Twin Peaks and wish things could have worked out differently.

From a DL FB post

The fact that Lynch pulled the plug because not enough money was involved has me worried a bit. If someone was able to direct a low cost movie it was Lynch. And I was also hoping he had 'trancendented' the whole money thing. I hope he's not turning into a new George Lucas.