I know it's not going to be boring per se, but it looks extremely boring. Looks like it's going to be 3 hours of Mr. Frowny Face staring at people with all the teenage angst in the world in a super desaturated world.
And that music... holy shit, hahaha! Whoever thought that was a good idea deserves a spanking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

love br2049, but this looks awfully unimaginative, especially the costume and set designs. cast lacking charisma for the most part, too. no spark i'm afraid. could still end up being kinda decent tho i guess.

oh and fuck dark side of the moon. mit anlauf.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Squee said:

I know it's not going to be boring per se, but it looks extremely boring. Looks like it's going to be 3 hours of Mr. Frowny Face staring at people with all the teenage angst in the world in a super desaturated world.

Just wait until they do Dune Messiah

Looks like an attempt to make a movie for the big audience. Or in other words, a mix of Dune with Marvel Comics and Transformers. Secretly, I'm still hoping for an improved Lynchian kind of Dune. But that's not going to happen

edit: at trailer

Edited by goDel

22 hours ago, Squee said:

And that music... holy shit, hahaha! Whoever thought that was a good idea deserves a spanking.

also, what squee says ?

1 hour ago, goDel said:

Looks like an attempt to make a movie for the big audience.

You mean teenagers?

Big production usa movies are being made these days exclusively for teenagers (and others that feel like that)

Edited by xox

8 minutes ago, xox said:

You mean teenagers?

Big production usa movies are being made these days exclusively for teenagers (and others that feel like that)

This is why I can't connect with them, the brave lead doesn't even have hair on his balls.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, chim said:

This is why I can't connect with them, the brave lead doesn't even have hair on his balls.

Well, in the beginning of the first Dune book Paul Atreides is 15-16, what do you expect? :shrug:

Also Chamelet is of the same age McLachlan was in 1984, both ~25.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, xox said:

You mean teenagers?

I'm of the impression the masses are emotionally stuck at being teenagers. Teenagers with more life experience, who look older than they are. I might be wrong though. If you're wondering about godel sitting on an unreasonably high horse, well...perhaps I'm just projecting my under-developped emotional state on the rest of the world. Or rather, it's highly likely...still though. Despite all this, I still think there's a point to be made here ?

• Like 3

Paul looks young!

Arrakis looks bleak! 

Seems like some of it might be boring!

yeah motherfuckers it’s based on the book. that’s the book.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Adamovich said:

Also Chamelet is of the same age McLachlan was in 1984, both ~25.

maybe it's just me, but for some reason I think celebrities back in the '80s looked older, probably due to in part to more smoking/partying. that and the fact that a 25 year old back then carried himself differently, i.e. more like a man than the 25 year olds of today...who have been psychologically growth stunted thanks to heavy internet usage. 

Edited by zero
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, zero said:

maybe it's just me, but for some reason I think celebrities back in the '80s looked older, probably due to in part to more smoking/partying. that and the fact that a 25 year old back then carried himself differently, i.e. more like a man than the 25 year olds of today...who have been psychologically growth stunted thanks to heavy internet usage. 

I get this... But at the same time when i was like 15 i also member some of my older 18yo friends looking way older than when i look to 18yo right now... I think as we grow up this difference also tends to seem bigger... Exponential? 

Edit: not gonna name names (@kieselguhr kid) but I'm also quite amused by people who post in threads without reading previous posts...  

Edited by Tim_J
  • Burger 1

28 minutes ago, zero said:

19 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

I get this... But at the same time when i was like 15 i also member some of my older 18yo friends looking way older than when i look to 18yo right now... I think as we grow up this difference also tends to seem bigger... Exponential? 

Edit: not gonna name names (@kieselguhr kid) but I'm also quite amused by people who post in threads without reading previous posts...  

We can't generalise it, but there is something to it. Look at the old pictures of people from early 1900s, they're like 35yo or sth and they fucking look like 55 already!

This is a picture of an English golfer J.H. Taylor from 1908, he's 37 in this pic! Look!

JH_Taylor_1908-08-01cr.jpg

I don't know what's the reason behind it, the Earth was a healthier, cleaner planet 100 years ago, that's for sure...

Inb4 Farnsworth likes...

• Farnsworth 4