Like a lot of older guys, I saw this back when it came out. Makes me realise how much TV has changed since then.

The show was totally ground breaking. I was always entranced by the shot of the Varied Thrush. No idea why. It almost looked faked.

Mixed emotions about them bringing it back but if anyone can make a TV show that is strange, uncomfortable and yet compulsive viewing, Lynch is the man.

the news of impending David Lynch films used to be fairly regular, so such a long sabbatical as its kinda been means this is all the more saaaaaaafe

there was all kinds of meddling with the last show, hope the guy gets a clear run

• 1 month later...

Lynch's answer about the 'Twin Peaks' reboot was, reportedly, this: "I'm not sure at this point if it's happening." Lynch added that certain "complications" were getting in the way.

http://www.pedestrian.tv/news/entertainment/david-lynch-says-twin-peaks-reboot-might-not-go-ah/d208320a-0a34-491d-b3db-e882b16489e3.htm

Guest mrgerbik

i usually watch to the point where the killer is identified and "dies"...rest of season 2 is pretty crap (with the possible exception of the last bit directed by Lynch, though I don't like the "twist ending")

Season 1 is perfect

agree with just about all of this. after the "killer" is discovered and dealt with in s2, the show kinda turns to shit until Lynch came back to write and direct what turned out to be the series finale. only thing was I LOVE the twist at the end...

p.s. I've seen every episode at least 10 or 12 times. It's an old obsession of mine.

wow, for me, i think season 2 is actually slightly better than season 1. i really love the mystery of the signal from jupiter asking for cooper, the windom earle character etc. i know lynch wanted to prolong the mystery about bob but was forced by networks to "reveal" it sooner, but i kinda wanted something else to happen besides the "what happened to laura palmer" storyline mainly because of how soap opera-ish the series was.

i know season 1 was really popular and many people stopped watching once the bob mystery was revealed, but for me, i was like just starting to think "now let's get this show on the road"

wow, for me, i think season 2 is actually slightly better than season 1. i really love the mystery of the signal from jupiter asking for cooper, the windom earle character etc. i know lynch wanted to prolong the mystery about bob but was forced by networks to "reveal" it sooner, but i kinda wanted something else to happen besides the "what happened to laura palmer" storyline mainly because of how soap opera-ish the series was.

i know season 1 was really popular and many people stopped watching once the bob mystery was revealed, but for me, i was like just starting to think "now let's get this show on the road"

could't agree more.

http://io9.com/showtime-says-twin-peaks-series-still-on-despite-david-1691923795

soo its still on?

Edited by Kilgore Trout

could't agree more.

http://io9.com/showtime-says-twin-peaks-series-still-on-despite-david-1691923795

soo its still on?

nope, the 'source' for that article is Entertainment Weekly...

i'm a real fan of the old guy.. the waiter of the big northern.. he winks at coop and gives him a thumbs up while he is lying there dying.. awesome scene!

another fav of mine is the major!

i made a twin peaks remix track once.. gotta dig it out for your folks..