IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

One of my bands got accepted for this huge promo thing this local rock radio station does every month.  Basically they'll be putting a song of ours in regular rotation for all of Feb, and sponsoring shows we do throughout the year.  The station actually has a lot of clout with the local scene in general, so this is very good news.  It'll likely change us from a band who might get 20 people out to a show, to one that might draw a couple hundred.  It's a bit of a surprise since we're not really a rock band, but the song we sent to the station is kind of a rock song at heart, albeit with electronic programming out the ass.  I deliberately wrote it as a song that could pass off as a radio/club single, since we didn't have anything else like that and I thought it would be a fun experiment.  Turns out it worked!  Now we've got to rush to finish this goddamn album before the month of Feb is over, since that'll be the prime time for getting it out to the most people.

That is so great! How far along are you on the LP? All written and just laying down the vox still?

link the song !!!

Thanks for the interest!  I just listened back, and I hear a bunch of things I want to improve.  The station wants a good quality version stat, so I see if I can whip it into a more acceptable state by tomorrow.  Then maybe I'll share it here... I'm actually a bit self conscious about it in in a watmm context, because I'd consider it one of my least watmm-friendly songs from any project lol.  Also, the only actual radio friendly one.  I could see the watmm collective finding some aspects about it kind of cheesy, though I think a lot of you would enjoy most of our other songs.  

One of my bands got accepted for this huge promo thing this local rock radio station does every month.  Basically they'll be putting a song of ours in regular rotation for all of Feb, and sponsoring shows we do throughout the year.  The station actually has a lot of clout with the local scene in general, so this is very good news.  It'll likely change us from a band who might get 20 people out to a show, to one that might draw a couple hundred.  It's a bit of a surprise since we're not really a rock band, but the song we sent to the station is kind of a rock song at heart, albeit with electronic programming out the ass.  I deliberately wrote it as a song that could pass off as a radio/club single, since we didn't have anything else like that and I thought it would be a fun experiment.  Turns out it worked!  Now we've got to rush to finish this goddamn album before the month of Feb is over, since that'll be the prime time for getting it out to the most people.

That is so great! How far along are you on the LP? All written and just laying down the vox still?

We have the vocals for one song left to do + I think I want to redo guitar on one song.  And then I'll probably get really obsessive about all the production details that I thought were settled long ago, since that seems to be my MO.  I'm determined to have it finished next month though.  Hopefully by the 15th so there's still ample radio hype to go with it.

A vinyl OST I missed two pressings of is doing a third, and I didn't (but almost kinda did) miss out this time. Thank God it was so popular to demand so many represses!

[bandcamp width=350 height=470 album=2676880955 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=true track=421786166]

Not every song that I liked is on there, but considering how popular the OST is, wouldn't be surprised if a second release was planned. If I don't miss it.

edit: second First World Success: figuring out how to do Bandcamp links again. So much nicer than a YouTube link.

Edited by Bechuga

Breakfast for dinner is the only way to have breakfast imo.  Usually if I have that sort of food right after waking up I feel kind of sick, but if I have it at night I feel awesome.  Pizza on the other hand is an excellent way to kick things off in the AM.

Breakfast for dinner is the only way to have breakfast imo.  Usually if I have that sort of food right after waking up I feel kind of sick, but if I have it at night I feel awesome.  Pizza on the other hand is an excellent way to kick things off in the AM.

^Truth!

I can't eat anything before 12 pm though.

^Truth!

I can't eat anything before 12 pm though.

Ha, same!  Coffee only until mid afternoon most days.  Unless there's leftover pizza waiting in the fridge.

I took two weeks off of work to finish up a new EP and a new live set and everything is coming together quite nicely :nyan:

Nice! Good luck.

bacon is a legitimate sex aid

Just had some on a burger, not yet helping me with sex (the getting of). Will keep holding out hope.

Mine for today: I made $2!!!!!!

86d7ab93655c6345cf5d93886254a892.jpg

ummmm....okay guys.

Just made my first chebureki of 2018. Now I'm stuffed.

i got one of those kneeling chairs for my birthday and it's super ergo-comfy :)

To both of these: wtf is that?

SFWA&S: have stuffed an Ableton project so full of shit that it crashes (just stops working) without actually crashing or even coming close to pushing the CPU meter. I'm pretty sure what's clogging the pipes is the pure unbridled awesomeness it's trying to process at all moments. This is a win, I think it means the track is almost done.