IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I like to challenge my audience. That sounded a little passive-aggressive, as if you're a bit offended that I'd redact information from you. It's nothing personal. In fact, if it was just us two, there would be no secrets. (Call me.)

I like to challenge my audience. That sounded a little passive-aggressive, as if you're a bit offended that I'd redact information from you. It's nothing personal. In fact, if it was just us two, there would be no secrets. (Call me.)

No aggression intended, passive or otherwise, I just felt the need to point it out in a way I hoped would be friendly. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Fair enough, that's kinda like admitting that reading Autechre in a text form would be too much for you to handle though. Just looking out for you, these kinds of statements might not fly well in a place like this. 

Also, on topic: my dad tends to get blood trapped under his toenails (I don't know if it's a genetic predisposition or if his shoes are too small) and I've witnessed him stick a syringe needle under there and squeeze the blood out with force on multiple occasions. As a kid I thought it was probably the most cringe-inducing thing I had seen. However I had the same problem yesterday (been walking too much I guess) and one of my nails was bulging and throbbing with blood all nice-like. Couldn't find a needle so I fr*ggin stabbed myself under there with a kitchen knife and I now I feel like I've 1-upped my dad. 

one of my fav developers name dropped me neat the end of this podcast. 

http://artmusictech.libsyn.com/podcast-209-michael-hetrick

one of my fav podcasts as well. i know it's a small trivial thing but today when i feel like hammered shit it was nice. 

also, i farted. it was risky because borderline shart territory but it turned out just fine and seems was gas that was deep in my spine somehow. 

i'm sleep deprived and jet lagged and in 3-7 on the back pain scale of pain but pulling through and looking forward to wandering through the grocery store in some kind of aimless zombie funk. 

• 2 weeks later...

Been out of work since April and finally got a job! Well technically I have to have a solid meeting with the COO first, but it’s a terrific company in a stunningly beautiful area of the country. Already signed and returned the offer letter... PUMPED to start working again.

Been out of work since April and finally got a job! Well technically I have to have a solid meeting with the COO first, but it’s a terrific company in a stunningly beautiful area of the country. Already signed and returned the offer letter... PUMPED to start working again.

congratulations!!!

I'll sign anything that moves!

Let’s sign! Lol

congratulations!!!
Thank you kind sir!

My room mate's monitors sound ridiculously good.  Like, too good.  I feel like if I had them I'd think my mixes were finished well before they actually were.  But it probably doesn't actually work like that, you just get used to what an excellent mix sounds like on an excellent system.  Did you keep your old ones for reference sake?

My room mate's monitors sound ridiculously good.  Like, too good.  I feel like if I had them I'd think my mixes were finished well before they actually were.  But it probably doesn't actually work like that, you just get used to what an excellent mix sounds like on an excellent system.  Did you keep your old ones for reference sake?

Yep, I've kept them for reference :)

My old monitors were shit though - especially for sound design because I would always mix high frequency material (such as wind) way too loud.

My room mate's monitors sound ridiculously good. Like, too good. I feel like if I had them I'd think my mixes were finished well before they actually were. But it probably doesn't actually work like that, you just get used to what an excellent mix sounds like on an excellent system. Did you keep your old ones for reference sake?

My old monitors were shit though - especially for sound design because I would always mix high frequency material (such as wind) way too loud.

I really need to replace my Rokits, I swear I mix better through my $30 headphones

My room mate's monitors sound ridiculously good. Like, too good. I feel like if I had them I'd think my mixes were finished well before they actually were. But it probably doesn't actually work like that, you just get used to what an excellent mix sounds like on an excellent system. Did you keep your old ones for reference sake?

I really need to replace my Rokits, I swear I mix better through my $30 headphones

Yup - my old ones were the KRK Rokit8 and they're pure garbage compared to these Dynaudio monitors. The first thing I did when I got them installed was to listen to some old commercials I had worked on and I got so embarrassed. The detail in these new monitors is insane and it's so much easier to make a proper mix now.

One of my bands got accepted for this huge promo thing this local rock radio station does every month.  Basically they'll be putting a song of ours in regular rotation for all of Feb, and sponsoring shows we do throughout the year.  The station actually has a lot of clout with the local scene in general, so this is very good news.  It'll likely change us from a band who might get 20 people out to a show, to one that might draw a couple hundred.  It's a bit of a surprise since we're not really a rock band, but the song we sent to the station is kind of a rock song at heart, albeit with electronic programming out the ass.  I deliberately wrote it as a song that could pass off as a radio/club single, since we didn't have anything else like that and I thought it would be a fun experiment.  Turns out it worked!  Now we've got to rush to finish this goddamn album before the month of Feb is over, since that'll be the prime time for getting it out to the most people.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova