IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Continuing the story from the FWP thread:

While digging for my dead party members, I found an animated suit. It's plate armor and keeps fighting even after I die. Score.

My daughter watched her first film today: The Terminator. It was the first film I have a memory of seeing, so now we share that. Prior to this the most she got through a movie was 15 minutes of Finding Dory, and she can’t be bothered with tv. But on this she sat through the whole damn thing. And now keeps saying, “Sarah Connor. Running. Hiding.”

Sgt Mk IV, the author of Brutal Doom, included my name at the end of his new BD Version 21 beta public release trailer as one of his special sponsors. (I finally got around to throwing in my support on Patreon.)

it's snowing right now, pretty unheard of around here at this time.

we're under a snowfall warning in Calgary, 15-25cm. 

=/

how goes it ?

Not TOO bad! Traffic is insane, but the cold is well tolerable and the snow isn't new to Calgary heh. And you?

Thanks! I know there's a few folks in the last few months here going on to new jobs and I've been glad to see all of them posting in here when they do, I hope yours is on its way soon too. I just brute-forced it, honestly...applied to hundreds of jobs (my skill set/resume is scattered). I'm lucky enough to be in a situation where I wasn't having to take ANYthing that came my way, so I actually turned down 5 or so things that I knew wouldn't work for me long term. Wish I had tips, but all I read said to make sure you're specifying your resume/CV and such for each job you're applying for (I didn't do this at all but again I'm lazy trash).

This one's nothing special but the pay is solid and the work should be a breeze, so I'll have little stress. Already planning long term. 

Good luck to you :)

i had hash last night for the first time in a long time. a lot of it, too. had me feeling like this

chef-guy-fieri.jpeg

I had a few hits off a small grass joint last night, and was the same. my tolerance is so low now (only smoke a handful of times a year), was fucked for hours afterwards. was eating some hazelnut chocolate and was convinced the hazelnuts were actually tinfoil.

i had hash last night for the first time in a long time. a lot of it, too. had me feeling like this

chef-guy-fieri.jpeg

I had a few hits off a small grass joint last night, and was the same. my tolerance is so low now (only smoke a handful of times a year), was fucked for hours afterwards. was eating some hazelnut chocolate and was convinced the hazelnuts were actually tinfoil.

Same. Its dangerous to smoke weed in california. I need the beer equivalent for weed, everyone is essentially smoking absinthe 

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

I have boiled down the required research for an essay from about 25 papers to a single text file of notes that is, itself, 4000 words long. the essay needs to be 3000 words long. also it's about 5 days late and I've been losing sleep over it. fml, I hate this grind.

Been feeling stuck at my job lately, hitting a plateau and exhausted efforts to make things better, that coupled with long hours and frustrations with office drama have made it a bit draining.

So I applied to some other places...now suddenly have three interviews at places that are well-vouched! Get to spend the weekend weighing my options.

2nd round of EMDR is nearly done b4 a break for christmas, jesus christ thank the gods

2017 has been Dethklok brutal, but to be able to access this via the NHS where the pvt alternatives would equal about £4000 by now, def a first world problem

the travesty is if yer in the wrong area the NHS doesnt provide it, which equates to thousands of folks dealing with pstd/c-ptsd indefinitely

this would never be allowed with any other area of medicine, eg: break your leg, A&E sorts that fucker on the spot, which begs the question is a career change in order

all in good time

I'm living in the first town to implement 4G network in the underground in France, pretty sure this will allow me to WATMM 200% more efficiently and light my day with memes

Made my first shawarma tonight, and came out better than I thought it would.

20171110_1822171_zpstqhyanct.jpg?t=15102

Aside from making the right marinade for the chicken (or any meat) and using the right seasoning for the yogurt, it's not very difficult to make. If you've had Greek gyros before, this is basically the Middle Eastern version.

No kidding? That's funny

The chicken & yogurt are mostly obscured by the veggies, but it's there. My bad, I probably should've exposed it more, especially since it's the tastiest part.