IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I really fucking like this girl I met 3 days ago but I'm finding her kinda difficult to read.

Also she doesn't really drink so I can't rely on the Traditional British Method of both getting shitfaced then lunging at her.

nice, please update us when you get access to the holes.

159.gif

I accidentally burnt all the onions I was frying for my quesadilla, all black.  But I decided to use them anyway and it somehow ended up being far better than the lightly sauteed onions I've used in the past.  I don't get it, but I'm happy.

if anyone here remembers my scattered FWP posts about the death trap of a house i'm renting, GOOD NEWS! I've signed the lease on a new place, a beautiful cottage in the forest, AND the crappy shell of a house i'm renting right now is scheduled to get all new windows & insulation before the next tenants move in. we also got a new electrical panel with all new GFCI outlets through the house, a new water heater, and a proper heat source (a nice and efficient ductless heat pump - prior to this there was no heat source whatsoever). it was a real goddamn fight to get the landlord to do any of that, but I DEED IT

now the next tenants don't have to live in squalor, and after 8 months of the worst rental experience i've ever had, i get to move to a beautiful place out in the country. 5X265.gif

a beautiful cottage in the forest,

i get to move to a beautiful place out in the country. 5X265.gif

I sure hope this is right and it's not more like

the cabin in the woods

cabin-in-the-woods-uk-quad-poster-opt-60

evil-dead-2-pic-6.jpg

Nice.  I managed to score a $300 leather jacket for $30 because someone returned after being in a motorcycle accident, which only created some small tear in the inside lining.  They had only owned it for a month or so.  (This was over a year ago, so no congrats is in order.)

Did double my word quota for the day, made a batch of great looking cookies and still have a few hours before bed time. Oh, and I don't have work for the next three days, my first time off (not including weekends) since June.

:yeah:

Reset things with my parents regarding political discussions. We still don't agree on certain things with a lot of bafflement and passion - I still think they have some crazy/wrong perspectives and vice-versa - but we actually aired out some stuff and got to the core of the issue that we shouldn't let this ruin our relationship. We usually get along just fine by not talking about current events and politics but nice to eliminate that elephant from the room tension wise.

Nice one man, best of luck!

Thanks! - got offers from all three places, took the one I liked best. I'm used to going into jobs blind and while also simply trying to get a job, so it was cool to experience job interviews in the context of actually being qualified and in demand.

now the next tenants don't have to live in squalor, and after 8 months of the worst rental experience i've ever had, i get to move to a beautiful place out in the country. 5X265.gif

really happy for you! - patience & perseverance is a hell of a thing

Finished another novel. Huzzah! Now to hope I still like it after re-reading it and editing it multiple times.

that's awesome. i've written a few (terrible) short stories and it was really hard. i suspect you write everyday? 

anyway.. congrats. i hope you still like it too!

Finished another novel. Huzzah! Now to hope I still like it after re-reading it and editing it multiple times.

that's awesome. i've written a few (terrible) short stories and it was really hard. i suspect you write everyday? 

anyway.. congrats. i hope you still like it too!

Pretty much, sometimes take an off day but usually end up managing to write something (finishing a novel still takes months). I really enjoy it, but I can see how some would detest the process. Writing it is easier than editing / proof-reading the damn thing. And spellchecking, with my horrible grammar / spelling, is the worst...

I hope I still like it too. Too many times I've spent months to end up with nothing. :psyduck:

Amidst my newest endeavor to avoid dairy, I discovered that soy milk based cocoa is AMAZING. Better than cow milk based for sure. The fwp included is that I wasn't in the habit of drinking cocoa and now I might have to allocate room for it in my drinking schedule.

EDIT: Ok it's actually not that good

EDIT2: Why is the subheader for this thread "positive public blogging"? As opposed to private blogging? I thought blogging was sort of public by definition and when you do it privately it becomes a diary or some shit man.

Edited by Pipenik

THE rules, you say? You think there's some definitive set of rules to dictate correct human behavior? That I could just go out and read? I'm afraid you've been brainwashed, my friend. Sure enough, it's what the government and religious organizations want you to think. The truth is, however, that we are nothing but a cosmic coincidence. Ain't no rules to this shit bro. Humans come up with these arbitrary pacts and pretend that they have intrinsic value. In reality we're just monkeys tossing around feces. Read the rules? Might as well make the rules. Might as well become the rules. This fancy self-driving car we've crammed humanity in and embellished with all kinds of fancy rules is headed for a ditch anyway. Might as well try to jerk the steering wheel. Might as well hack the radio. Might as well break the windshield.