IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Spent all day preparing a 3000 word report/case study for class. But now I have a week off until my next classes start. =)

Exhausted from how busy it's been but looking forward to a couple days of rest. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

I"M FINALLY BACK HOME, FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE FEBRUARY!!!

Some of you guys might recall from the problems thread and from talking about it on discord that my place had a fire in Februrary... It's been a month and half since the electrical fire in our building on February 15th, probably the longest month and a half of my adult life. We didn't lose anything in the fire, but our apartment was declared "temporarily unlivable" as they had to rebuild the entire power grid for our wing of the building, clean our carpets, replace our fridge, etc. After spending 10 days at my parents house and a month in an extended stay suite at the Residence Inn in Plymouth, it feels amazing to finally be back home. I missed my own bed, and my TV, and my instruments. Gonna sleep like a log tonight.

The fact that your new studio dropped onto your property via a crane is pretty amazing.

So I've been missing 2 cables that I use to charge my phone.  On a whim I decided to check the compartment of an old guitar case, where I've never in my life put such cables.  And guess what I found?  Neither of the cables I was looking for. I did however find a cable I wasn't looking for, not mine, which performs the same function.  Weird.  It's appearance is completely mysterious.

So I've been missing 2 cables that I use to charge my phone.  On a whim I decided to check the compartment of an old guitar case, where I've never in my life put such cables.  And guess what I found?  Neither of the cables I was looking for. I did however find a cable I wasn't looking for, not mine, which performs the same function.  Weird.  It's appearance is completely mysterious.

LOL!

The fact that your new studio dropped onto your property via a crane is pretty amazing.

It was the most nerve-wracking day ever.

I had spent the last 4 weekends chopping down trees, destroying an old shed, digging 3 feet deep holes with a gas powered earth auger, measuring, using a spirit level about 900 times to make sure everything was in order, putting down 88 pound base poles into the holes, filling them up with concrete, measure some more, and the finally put the wooden foundation in place. My whole body is aching.

Alright, so the studio arrived on a truck. It was supposed to take 1 hour for the delivery guy to put it onto the foundation I had built. His first try didn't work because the mechanical arm on the truck wasn't long enough. He then put on another one. This time the arm was long enough, but apparently the studio weighs way more than I had been told. I had been told 2 tons. He said it was more like 4 tons. So he stopped when his truck started tipping over. Fair enough. So he gave up and I stood there not knowing what the fuck to do. So I called the delivery company and lo and behold he knew someone 40 minutes away who could help out. So an hour later the biggest fucking Terminator 3 mobile crane arrived at the scene, picked up the studio and put in place - all within 40 minutes or so.

The parking spot the mobile crane was parked on is completely fucking destroyed now, hahahaha. The concrete is complete mush. But hey, the studio is in place. All I need now is to drag some power cables from my house and to the studio so I can heat it up and set up all my equipment.