IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I went to the dentist for the first time in 6 years and had to have 2 root canals and 4 fillings. I asked for 3 times the normal amount of novacaine and lysocaine though. I also took 5mg diazepam. Still a pretty grim 2 hours.

Edited by messiaen

Went through a pile of random CDrs looking for some of my old tracks and found an Acid Mothers Temple side project CDr. ltd to 100 copies according to the back. Most probably belonged to an ex who was mad into them and had lots of ltd bits and pieces like that.

Looked it up on discogs and the last copy sold for just under forty quid, no other copies for sale. Chucked it up for £50 and it sold within 24hrs.

Went through a pile of random CDrs looking for some of my old tracks and found an Acid Mothers Temple side project CDr. ltd to 100 copies according to the back. Most probably belonged to an ex who was mad into them and had lots of ltd bits and pieces like that.

Looked it up on discogs and the last copy sold for just under forty quid, no other copies for sale. Chucked it up for £50 and it sold within 24hrs.

Bravo! A similar thing happened to me with a hand-made CDr that I very nearly forgot about buying, a split between Mogwai & Fuck Buttons.

https://www.discogs.com/Mogwai-Fuck-Buttons-Colours-Move-Mogwai-Fear-Satan/release/1468041

At the time I put it on Discogs it had never been sold there. I set the precedent at $45 USD and it sold within 24 hours!

• 2 weeks later...

After a really shit start to 2019 (work stuff) I'm off on vacation and headed to a nice resort in Dominican. Time for unlimited booze, bad decisions, and 30+ degrees weather. <3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all, feels good to finally have resolution, however sloppy. No idea if I'll ever get a diploma but this works just fine.

8ba3530060575993d47f6b69d4c5d35d.jpg

whew.... I was worried for you. Glad it worked out.

btw does that say "Overall Cum" in the bottom right? lol

Yeah I'd like to pretend that crop of "Overall Cumulative GPA" was intentional but alas, just a happy accident!

Congrats! If it's any consolation, I was never sent a diploma when I graduated. The important thing is that your degree shows up on a background check when you try to get a job.

Thanks all, feels good to finally have resolution, however sloppy. No idea if I'll ever get a diploma but this works just fine.

8ba3530060575993d47f6b69d4c5d35d.jpg

whew.... I was worried for you. Glad it worked out.

btw does that say "Overall Cum" in the bottom right? lol

Yeah I'd like to pretend that crop of "Overall Cumulative GPA" was intentional but alas, just a happy accident!

I thought it was a cheeky and clever allusion to how happy you are you didn't get completely shafted with the school closing!

"How are you doing Lada Laika??? ah... overall cum!!"

:shrug:

I've just killed my fifth mouse using traps. I swear I've never had a mouse problem at my place until last December. One of the little bastards chewed up the wood from the cabinet underneath my bathroom sink. Some might consider this savagery, but I couldn't allow the infestation to continue unabated. Besides, the traditional spring-loaded swing bar traps are pretty much an instant kill. Hopefully that was the last one.

And congrats on your degree, Lada. Sorry if I'm late to the party.