IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I remember getting stuck in a window seat a couple of years ago next to some guy manspreading and playing Candy Crush on his phone, depriving me of leg room the whole flight. Probably one of those douchebag Ellensburg bros.

At least the flight itself was only about a half hour. Still, if only I could take a swing at the vulnerable crotch area without legal repercussions...

Edited by ambermonk

At least the flight itself was only about a half hour. Still, if only I could take a swing at the vulnerable crotch area without legal repercussions...

Passive aggression was invented for situations like this. It just takes a pinch of creativity, half as much audacity, and zero shame.

For whatever reason I almost ALWAYS seem to be seated close to the teething kid that is screaming all the way until 3AM, and since I have a history of dependancy issues I don't end up sleeping AT ALL on a long flight.

Just sitting there in my anxious sweat until the wee hours of the morning.

But I mean, miracle of flight and all that.

For whatever reason I almost ALWAYS seem to be seated close to the teething kid that is screaming all the way until 3AM, and since I have a history of dependancy issues I don't end up sleeping AT ALL on a long flight.

'keynell, me too. Last vacation I had, on the way to, I had screaming little shit on BOTH legs of my flight. Fuck you inconsiderate parents and your shitty kids. Your inability to use contraceptives or take responsibility for the consequences should NOT be my problem. I was dreading shrieking shit-larva the whole way back home but fortunately I lucked out.

But I mean, miracle of flight and all that.

Fuck that, the Wright brothers were >100 years ago by now? Now that shit is owned by corporatist cunts who coincidentally also abscond responsibility for the comfort and well-being of everyone else.

Disclaimer: see my most recent post in Now Consuming

Flying blows and it's getting worse all the time. Between draconian security, stingy airlines, and shitty airport food, it's no fun. Fuck your in flight movies, give me a seat that doesn't paralyze my ass and solve the problem of the guy in front of me reclining into my face. They've got the fucking money for R&D, their priority is just to milk passengers for more of it, not make them comfortable.

I love the folks who recline immediately when the fasten seatbelt sign goes off and then spend the entire flight not actually sitting back in their chair. You can't even fully open a macbook without fear of your screen getting fucked by someone deciding to recline their medieval torture device. I sat in the front emergency exit row on the way to Iceland. BIG MISTAKE. You can't really lean on anything to sleep or get comfortable. Leg room was nice, but no sleep. 

Did get to watch the sun rise over Greenland's coastline tho, that was epic AF. 

Ellensburg bros.

It was weird to watch people I went to school with go off to college at CWU because all of the sudden it became okay for them to wear cowboy hats and listen to the music you hear at BBQ restaurants.

Surprisingly, Ellensburg and Spokane are the only two places in WA I've seen confederate flags painted on a garage door. A real WTF moment each time. 

I drove by a grounded flock of Canada geese during work this morning, and slowed way down as I passed them so as not to scare them...twice. I succeeded both times in not scaring them.

They slowly waddled away from me, but they did not go airborne.

This morning, eight days shy of her 3rd birthday, my cat did a shit in her fucking litter tray f o r t h e f i r s t t i m e 

:catsalute:

Fucking nice.  My ex-cat's approaching the big 3BD and I'm tempted to make contact just to find out whether this is a thing for him yet.

FWS: the coffee I just fixed myself is way better than usual. (FWP: I have no idea why, as per usual, so no idea how to reproduce it.  I didn't change anything about my method, yet it's somehow better.)

No, in this case I was using the drip method that involves boiling a kettle then pouring it through the filter and into a pot.  I also have a Moka pot, but it only makes one cup at a time (that's pretty consistently a good cup, but sometimes I need quantity rather than quality... yet every now and then it'll be surprisingly better than usual).

There's so many variables with pourover. I was writing down grinds and temperatures and shit like that for a little while, but all I got out of it was that I do best with 24 grams per cup, which I think is pretty high but it's the most consistent for me. I have a grind setting I like but I don't know how to describe it other than I think it's 14 or 17 on my grinder (an Encore). I think it's between the recommended drip and espresso grinds.

There's so many variables with pourover. I was writing down grinds and temperatures and shit like that for a little while, but all I got out of it was that I do best with 24 grams per cup, which I think is pretty high but it's the most consistent for me. I have a grind setting I like but I don't know how to describe it other than I think it's 14 or 17 on my grinder (an Encore). I think it's between the recommended drip and espresso grinds.

If you just boof that shit up your bum you don't have to worry about taste or heartburn

Problem solved

If you just boof that shit up your bum you don't have to worry about taste or heartburn

Problem solved

True

Or you could just munch the beans.

Any old cup of coffee (with caffeine) will do, but the stronger it is, the more content I will be. There is only one exception to my low standards:

Luke warm coffee is undrinkable.

My friend bought me a "Mr. Coffee" which is essentially a heating pad built for a coffee cup.  No more luke warm/microwaved coffee ever... but the new dilemma that emerges from that is the disgusting skin that forms on top if left untouched too long.

This is both an FWP and FWS.

FWP: Tried heating up tortilla chips in the oven but baked them too long. They came out browner than I planned, but at least they didn't get charred outright.

FWS: Made some bomb-ass guac to dip them in.

Everything got mixed up because he thawed it upside down. What this chap should have done was state what this frozen ready meal was. Paella you could thaw upside down. But this one became inedible giving rise to suspicion that it was little separate compartments under the film lid. Just a few extra words and it could have been a much more rewarding experience for the reader. Laziness comes at a price.