IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Just made two tracks for a small film that I think turned out pretty cool. If all goes well the film will be played in front of a pretty fucking large crowd (50,000 people) later this year.

Today it occurred to me that there must be a program out there that can rename multiple files in an intelligent way - ie. crop first 20 characters from all selected, crop last 5 characters, etc., so that any file downloads that have random arrays of numbers and things like that preceding/proceding them can be tidied up en masse.    So I found that program, and good lord is it useful.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I also hit the jackpot on modular synth samples... which is what prompted me to look for that renaming program.  I've been constantly downloading them since yesterday and I'm not even a quarter of the way through.  FWP is that I'm going to have such an overwhelming amount of cool new sounds to work with I won't know where to begin.  It really is insane how easy it is to obtain things for free that would require hundreds of thousands of dollars in the past.  Of course it's not quite the same as having the actual gear, but still pretty incredible.

My internship got extended until the end of the year... Gives me time to either find something else, or gain the experience they want for the full position.

Today it occurred to me that there must be a program out there that can rename multiple files in an intelligent way - ie. crop first 20 characters from all selected, crop last 5 characters, etc., so that any file downloads that have random arrays of numbers and things like that preceding/proceding them can be tidied up en masse. So I found that program, and good lord is it useful.

Do you use a Mac? There's a built-in feature in OSX that'll do that for you

My lap top's a Mac but my desktop's a PC.  I did discover the built-in group rename option, but it's very basic and doesn't do what I needed to save time.  The program I downloaded covers every conceivable angle of en masse name changing.

Salary increase, created a music video for a friend's band and having a jam with a new band this evening which I've been looking forward to for around two months(coincidentally the same time filming started for the aforementioned video) . Today was a good day.

Listen to the fuzzy-wuzzy, slippy bass nugget below if you please!

I joined a surf/punk band playing bass last March. We had our first show last Tuesday and it was pretty great. I wore a tuxedo.

Another Russian cooking venture. Just made my own blini (thin pancakes) for the first time. And was able to successfully do the air flip on half of them, but burnt my wrist with hot melted butter during one of the flips.

Also found out that said blini with sour cream and black lumpfish caviar on top is fucking delicious - way better than I expected.

Another Russian cooking venture. Just made my own blini (thin pancakes) for the first time. And was able to successfully do the air flip on half of them, but burnt my wrist with hot melted butter during one of the flips.

lol ouch... careful there, Paula Deen

Today it occurred to me that there must be a program out there that can rename multiple files in an intelligent way - ie. crop first 20 characters from all selected, crop last 5 characters, etc., so that any file downloads that have random arrays of numbers and things like that preceding/proceding them can be tidied up en masse.    So I found that program, and good lord is it useful.

regex has been a thing for like 50 years

Edited by span

My flat backs onto the park and there's a big multicultural festival thing happening, a band are playing fiendish afrobeat jams, got the back door and windows open and am getting my own free festival from the comfort of my kitchen, might crack open a brew and have a little toke and really live the life

wish I was doing something like that instead of stressing over 3 assignments and an exam this week whilst also worrying about what's happening at work in my absence.

Got a new gig as operations manager of a multi-state cannabis retail group. Back to having a good salary and feelin good about what I do. Hell, I worked 18 hours last week, accomplished everything needed and basically got paid like 125$ an hour to be in my underwear crunching numbers and writing up protocol handbooks.

Got a new gig as operations manager of a multi-state cannabis retail group. Back to having a good salary and feelin good about what I do. Hell, I worked 18 hours last week, accomplished everything needed and basically got paid like 125$ an hour to be in my underwear crunching numbers and writing up protocol handbooks.

Is this a NEW gig or the one you mentioned a few weeks back? When you got the new car?

=O

congrats either way, life looking up for you :)

That video I was working on last week was published earlier today and already has over 80,000 views on Facebook... hot dang!

Post it here for me maybe or PM it?  :cerious:

Damn, that sounds like a dream job. Mine is like slavery in comparison. lol

Oh don't worry, it wont always be this chill. It's going to be hectic as hell coming up real soon. I think every gig feels like slavery at some point... something about greener grass on the other side. The underwear and being at my computer to hammer out two days work in 6 hours while hanging with my cat - Priceless. I'll have to remember it when I've worked 60 hours in a week setting up a store. 

Is this a NEW gig or the one you mentioned a few weeks back? When you got the new car?

=O

congrats either way, life looking up for you :)

Same one. After the WA stores are set up, the plan is to have me bounce out to the other states for week chunks at a time as they start. That's when I'll be earning my money haha, I FUCKING HATE FLYING AND AIRPORTS. 

Thanks my muscle-bound Canadian friend  :emotawesomepm9: This next year I should actually have the time/funds to travel. 

That video I was working on last week was published earlier today and already has over 80,000 views on Facebook... hot dang!

Post it here for me maybe or PM it?  :cerious:

I didn't post it because it won't make sense to anyone, but here you go

https://www.facebook.com/hummel.International/videos/10155705741463259/

I did the music and the sound design - I spent 3 days recording foley and 3-4 days making the music.

+100000 views - holy crap

Flying blows and it's getting worse all the time. Between draconian security, stingy airlines, and shitty airport food, it's no fun. Fuck your in flight movies, give me a seat that doesn't paralyze my ass and solve the problem of the guy in front of me reclining into my face. They've got the fucking money for R&D, their priority is just to milk passengers for more of it, not make them comfortable.