IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dogboy73

i'm very curious:

all you overseas guys

why aren't you all planning road trips to go to the big city and crate-dig?

I would if i lived within 5 hours of a big city

Are you assuming the rest of the world doesn't live in big cities?

Because I'm pretty sure that's what you're implying.

Even in my "backwater" town, there's about 20 record shops just in the downtown area. I'm not going to them all.

Why would they bring these to random small towns, if there are only six of them? By analogy, they didn't hold those Geogaddi listening parties in small podunk churches in the backwoods of Alabama. Thus, it's highly unlikely that you'll find a copy in your small town record store.

It occurs to me, one has shown up in NYC, right? How many cities did they do the Geogaddi listening parties? Churches in six cities, right? Perhaps that's an indicator, therefore, of which five cities need searching: here's what's left on that list (consulting bocpages):

1. London

2. Tokyo

3. Edinburgh

4. Berlin

5. Paris

Someone get going, for christ's sake.

Man, if this does, as I suspect it will, turn out to be an elaborate hoax it's going to a fucking crack up to think that people would have been chasing around record shops looking for these elusive twelves God knows where! :-) I reckon it's a brilliant promotional tool for Record Shop Day ;-)

Guest bitroast

i'm very curious:

all you overseas guys

I did this on Sunday and didn't find. Even checked the places that had received RSD items from warp...

Guest Dogboy73

i'm very curious:

all you overseas guys

I did this on Sunday and didn't find. Even checked the places that had received RSD items from warp...

Maybe you missed it? Go back and have another look. And don't forget to check behind the fridge in the joint as well. You never know ;-)

Record store near me had Exai before release date

I'm going to go check next time I'm near it (Southwestern US)

Though I suppose it's useless but hey I'm really close and kind of want to pop in anyway.

Guest Dogboy73

I'm sensing a lot of hostility toward the realm of unconfirmed, the place where possibility resides.

LOL :D

As it turns out a lot of BoC fans are also fans of Lost and the X-Files. Seriously people how absurd is it to be chasing around record shops in God knows where searching for these things?! If they are real then it's a pretty bizarre way to promote. I mean what would it be promoting?! Record shops?! It just reeks of hoax to me.

Let's ponder the evidence - 6 records, with 1 discovered thus far, featuring a full 20 seconds of very cliched BoC like audio. Another 5 suspected to be hidden in 5 other record shops somewhere in the World?! I mean it sounds more like Willy Wonka's Golden Tickets than a serious promotional tool! I want to believe but I'm struggling right now :-(

I'm sensing a lot of hostility toward the realm of unconfirmed, the place where possibility resides.

As it turns out a lot of BoC fans are also fans of Lost and the X-Files.

*watching lost on netflix in another window*

*actually wearing 'i want to believe' necklace*

Guest Dogboy73

Check this video out. It depicts a young boy, named Charlie, a young lad with no money or friends, wandering the streets of London searching for one of 6 BoC promotional 12" records. Giving up on the search he stops of at a candy shop to purchase a couple of scummy Wonka bars. On exiting the shop he learns the news that one of the 6 records previously found was in fact a fraud! Revived with renewed hope the young scamp continues his fruitless search .........

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BUIlKbZKha0

As it turns out a lot of BoC fans are also fans of Lost and the X-Files. Seriously people how absurd is it to be chasing around record shops in God knows where searching for these things?! If they are real then it's a pretty bizarre way to promote. I mean what would it be promoting?! Record shops?! It just reeks of hoax to me.

Let's ponder the evidence - 6 records, with 1 discovered thus far, featuring a full 20 seconds of very cliched BoC like audio. Another 5 suspected to be hidden in 5 other record shops somewhere in the World?! I mean it sounds more like Willy Wonka's Golden Tickets than a serious promotional tool! I want to believe but I'm struggling right now :-(

It's life-affirming, and that's the highest status anything can achieve IMO. There doesn't need to be any reason beyond that.

Guest Popemobile v2

*Reads about new BOC teaser thing on the net.*

*Knows WATMM will have caught onto it.*

*Sees the thread has 16 pages - for a little snippet of music, the provenance of which is not even certain.*

*Shakes head.*

*Realizes these few seconds of whateverthefuck from(?) BOC garner more attention than some of us probably will in our whole lives.*

*???*

*Profit.*

no use checking inside the US any longer as those which remain to be found reside in a different country each

and yes, "Summer" makes sense

Where did you see that?

no use checking inside the US any longer as those which remain to be found reside in a different country each

and yes, "Summer" makes sense

Where did you see that?

someone called the dude at the record shop where the 1st record came from

he said it was the only one in US

Guest Dogboy73

It's life-affirming, and that's the highest status anything can achieve IMO. There doesn't need to be any reason beyond that.

I suppose that's the same reason Fact did their April Fool's gag?! The reason beyond that? Because people thing it's amusing to send us BoC fans into a lathered frenzy!

Longer serving members of this community might recal the secret BoC beach party hoax. Someone thought they had uncovered evidence that a party was going to be happening somewhere at a certain time. Someone actually went to the location a found a discarded water bottle and remarked that they didn't find a party but thought the empty bottle was evidence of someone having been there! No shit Sherlock! :-/ People like this are just begging to be taken for a ride :-)

I suppose that's the same reason Fact did their April Fool's gag?! The reason beyond that? Because people thing it's amusing to send us BoC fans into a lathered frenzy!

Longer serving members of this community might recal the secret BoC beach party hoax. Someone thought they had uncovered evidence that a party was going to be happening somewhere at a certain time. Someone actually went to the location a found a discarded water bottle and remarked that they didn't find a party but thought the empty bottle was evidence of someone having been there! No shit Sherlock! :-/ People like this are just begging to be taken for a ride :-)

no no

i'm talking about if it's authenitic

Guest Dogboy73

no no

I'm talking about the possibility that it isn't!

Don't waste too much energy on this discussion is all I'm thinking.

The Sussex Hen is the first organism that comes to mind when I see the acronym "BoC".

In the meantime, I'll take your advice.

no no

I'm talking about the possibility that it isn't!

okay

my post was an answer to the question

"what is the point of BOC doing this [if they did indeed do it]?"

I was just saying there doesn't ever need to be a reason to do something cool and fun

frivolous play is a great way to feel like a kid again

Archived