IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

AtlaantaFugiens is clearly someone related to the band since they have a soundboard recording of ATP and the original visuals

This has led me to my next discovery

"Atalanta Fugiens" is a 17th century Latin book on alchemy published by Michael Maier. It consists of "Emblems" 1-50.

For glaringly obvious reasons, let's start on Emblem 6. It says:

Emblem 6th:

Seminate aurum vestrum in terram albam foliatam
[sow Your Gold in the white foliate Earth.]

"Sow your gold in the white foliated earth" is obviously a metaphor for BoC "Burying our record in a burnt down peat bog" which is white because it is ashen.

So I went to Google Maps and searched for something resembling a Peat Bog near Redpoint and found something absolutely astounding. The sand at Redpoint is white! So in this case "foliate" is being replaced with "earthen" altogether. This is true poeticism on BoC's part.

Now if you zoom in to a particularly peculiar part of the map of Redpoint you will see this

2Et1p.png

I don't know about you guys, but to me this obviously resembles the same of an eagle.

2Et7u.png

So we now need to go to the track "An Eagle In Your Mind" which has 17 characters in its name, and turned around this is "71" obviously a reference to the 70 from Music70.

Now let's go to Emblem 17 in the Atalanta Fugiens. Let's also go to Stanza 17. This says

Therefore make Fyre thy Glasse wythin

Glass is fired and created from sand, so my primary theory I've gotten from this is that BoC has created a sand Emblem from the sand from The Beach at Redpoint and within this sand Emblem there is a clue

At this point I think it's time for us to venture off and try to find this holy Emblem.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at an event on Saturday in Sheffield where they had a Warp pop-up shop. I flicked through the vinyl and didn't see anything interesting (although I wasn't looking particularly hard). Regret not taking a closer look though!

May head down to Record Collector tomorrow though and see what they've got. I also want the Codeine Live vinyl.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

At this point I think it's time for us to venture off and try to find this holy Emblem.

Let's go!

Twoism.org next-level sleuthing:

UPDATE 11:50 AM PST

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OKAY!!! IT'S DEFINITELY LEGITIMATE GUYS!

Just got off the phone with the guy from Other Music again, and he said they DID INFACT have it at the store!!!!!! He said a warp representative brought it in at 3pm the day before record store day. He also said that the one found in their store is THE ONLY ONE IN THE U.S.!!!!! THE OTHERS ARE IN FACT IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!! He didn't specify, but they way he said it, I imagine this is what the representative from warp told him.

GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND START SEARCHING YOU GUYS!!

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

EDIT: Warp following the record store on twitter, I mean... c'mon. This is real. It's happening. FINALLY.

that's not proof of anything.

if that's proof, a Warp representative just came to my house and told me that it's definitely not happening.

Just got off the phone with the guy from Other Music again, and he said they DID INFACT have it at the store!!!!!! He said a warp representative brought it in at 3pm the day before record store day. He also said that the one found in their store is THE ONLY ONE IN THE U.S.!!!!! THE OTHERS ARE IN FACT IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!! He didn't specify, but they way he said it, I imagine this is what the representative from warp told him.

EDIT: Warp following the record store on twitter, I mean... c'mon. This is real. It's happening. FINALLY.

if that's proof, a Warp representative just came to my house and told me that it's definitely not happening.

The credibility of the person making the claim makes all the difference. :cerious:

The credibility of the person making the claim makes all the difference. :cerious:

right.

so record shops in the US are open on sundays?

Anyone could make that fake record, put on a warp records t-shirt, stroll into a record store and say "Hi i'm from warp records, sell this extremely rare BOC promo"

"ps by the way its the only one in the whole of the US so dont bother ringing up any distributors or other record stores to verify my claims k thanks bye"

/cynic

right.

some are some aren't

edit: why don't you call the place yourself to confirm/deny?

Other Music
Address: 15 E 4th St, New York, NY 10003
Phone:(212) 477-8150
Prices:
$$$$
Hours:

Sunday hours 12:00 pm–7:00

why don't I call the place myself? Because I'm not about to spend a fortune calling an American number from the UK.

Ok, so they open on Sundays.

biggest question to ask about this - was the record bought (as in, money exchanged) or was it given to the customer(s) as a freebie?

if it was purchased, then I doubt the legitimacy of the above claim that a rep walked into the store and handed it to the store to distribute, because with retail shops there must always be a paper trail of inventory for tax reasons. if the record was given to the customer, then my debunking theory is shot. if it was sold, then the claim above is bullshit.

I've actually never been more excited about music than I am right now. It doesn't even matter whether it's legit or not, this whole day has been immensely entertaining

2nded 4 LIFE

Other Music
Address: 15 E 4th St, New York, NY 10003
Phone:(212) 477-8150
Prices:
$$$$
Hours:

Sunday hours 12:00 pm–7:00

why don't I call the place myself? Because I'm not about to spend a fortune calling an American number from the UK.

Ok, so they open on Sundays.

biggest question to ask about this - was the record bought (as in, money exchanged) or was it given to the customer(s) as a freebie?

if it was purchased, then I doubt the legitimacy of the above claim that a rep walked into the store and handed it to the store to distribute, because with retail shops there must always be a paper trail of inventory for tax reasons. if the record was given to the customer, then my debunking theory is shot. if it was sold, then the claim above is bullshit.

nah

i bet the rep just gave it to the guy for free and told to sell it for $20 or whatever.

Clearly I have one of six similar Boards of Canada records released today and distributed "randomly" around the world

This makes it hard to take seriously, I mean how the fuck is that "clear"?

? are you responding to my 'clearly' or one posted previously?

The one in the reddit quote in my post. :ok:

personally i found it very clear

That they were all released today, around the world? Meh. Maybe it shouldn't affect my judgment on how legit this whole thing is, but the dude is jumping to conclusions.

most are. are they not in the uk?

nope

Most of my local record stores in Leeds are open on a Sunday, albeit at reduced hours.

I'm a member of both places, so I'm not going to get into an "us vs. them" mentality with twoism. But rivalries are fun, so I'll pretend.

(stupid childish shit) Hey guys, let's solve it before twoism! (/stupid childish shit)

Archived