IGNORED

/ 6 9 9 7 4 2 / 6 2 8 3 1 5 / 7 1 7 2 2 8 / 9 3 6 5 5 7 / 8 1 3 3 8 6 / 5 1 9 2 2 5 /

Guest bigloob

Guest minorsix

Hah, yeah. That was my post. I like you guys alright but there's too many posts of the form:

"hi marcus"

or

"if you look up the numbers from Aquarius in a phonebook from Waco, blah blah etc"

gets a bit repetitive. However I do find funny the stark trend toward sarcasm/doubt here and hopefulness/eagerness there.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hah, yeah. That was my post. I like you guys alright but there's too many posts of the form:

"hi marcus"

or

"if you look up the numbers from Aquarius in a phonebook from Waco, blah blah etc"

gets a bit repetitive. However I do find funny the stark trend toward sarcasm/doubt here and hopefulness/eagerness there.

only a non-fan would not get pulled into the puzzle that has been presented to us by the band

Guest minorsix

Here's a voice-recording of the twoism member's conversation with Other Music. Of course you can still say it's faked, but that seems like an extreme claim at this point.

"

For any WATMM who are still in denial...

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MtpWh3ymcT

edit: They're calling my claim bullshit.

"

It could very well be real but that doesn't make opinions to the opposite "extreme". I'm just gonna chill and see what will happen next. Of course hoping for a new album...

Guest minorsix

It could very well be real but that doesn't make opinions to the opposite "extreme". I'm just gonna chill and see what will happen next. Of course hoping for a new album...

I mean the claim that the phone-conversation was faked.

Guest Cohesion

From Twoism:

UPDATE 11:50 AM PST

HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT OKAY!!! IT'S DEFINITELY LEGITIMATE GUYS!
Just got off the phone with the guy from Other Music again, and he said they DID INFACT have it at the store!!!!!! He said a warp representative brought it in at 3pm the day before record store day. He also said that the one found in their store is THE ONLY ONE IN THE U.S.!!!!! THE OTHERS ARE IN FACT IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES!!!! He didn't specify, but they way he said it, I imagine this is what the representative from warp told him.
GET THE FUCK OUT THERE AND START SEARCHING YOU GUYS!!
HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
EDIT: Warp following the record store on twitter, I mean... c'mon. This is real. It's happening. FINALLY.

Just going to watch this unfold quietly... I have my doubts, but the phone call (http://vocaroo.com/i/s1MtpWh3ymcT) makes this all seem even more legitimate.. Time will tell.

Also: “Someone in the /mu/ thread theorized that the other 5 records are in the other Geogaddi listening party locations.

London, New York, Tokyo, Edinburgh, Paris, and Berlin”

Worth checking out imo.

this is like

Schrödinger's cat

It started out as a fake, but Warp and BoC may or may not get in on it. It's now up to them to place an original replica of the fake in Tokio or wherever in order to make it real.

Guest isaki

how many other records are there?

24. Warp representative sent me a text about this.

did he/she mention location?

it would be odd for there not to be at least one in Edinburgh, shame I don't live there or I'd go looking

how many other records are there?

24. Warp representative sent me a text about this.

did he/she mention location?

it would be odd for there not to be at least one in Edinburgh, shame I don't live there or I'd go looking

they said they'd get back to me about the locations. to be honest, I think at the time the rep was texting me, they were taking a dump.

listen:

i just played a flute carved from an old kaleidoscope while holding firm in my mind's eye an image of a blurry sunset from the 70s, possibly with kids running around. just as i played the final note i received a blank dot matrix printout, sent to me on a warm mellow breeze. i saw an old man who was alive when people wore bell-bottoms and big plasticy headphones with curly wires and i asked him what he thought the message was. first i played him boc of course. he said he did not know. "is this a sign?" i thought. i played "bocuma." lush. as i sauntered and pondered a car swerved down the road and i noticed the track marks made two parallel squiggly lines. "is this a sign?" i wondered. i did look a lot like the aquarius symbol, that much was undeniable. as i copied this image into my notebook i overheard a man speaking to his child, telling him to remove his shoes before going into the house. "but why?" asked the boy, whose face i could not make out. "because they're all sandy, son." "is this a sign?" i thought. i mean, "sandison!" it sounded just like "sandison." anyway, as i pondered these mysteries i got a call from boc and they said this vinyl thing is real so don't worry about it.

Guest Aserinsky

If it is real, the decision to make it probably just went like this:

Mike: Oi Marcus, I'm on the phone with Warp. They said we can release the album m b v style in June, but we've got to do some cryptic promotional bollocks in order to hype it up.

Marcus: Fucking hipster wankers with their PR circlejerks. Just records 20 seconds off an old tape, put one of those number station recordings on it and press I dunno, 6 different ones on vinyl. Ours fans are mental enough to think it means something.

Mike: Lush.

Archived