IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

Joyrex made me do it

tumblr_mo1f8uwaVA1spvmh6o1_r1_400.gif

That's very good, but I'm sorry to make this request: could you put his thumb on the side of the case, like he's holding it? It's just so close to being perfect.

Guest feralkittens

I just caved, and bought the art card edition CD, even though I already ordered 3 copies of the vinyl. :biggrin:

I only got 2 copies on vinyl but I did the same thing. I guess it was my own damn fault for buying first and asking questions later, but I was banking on free flacs :( halp I have fwp. But seriously I am pretty poor and had to dig in the couch/return bottles to get this stuff. It's nice to find out the album is totally worth that plus the wait. Blown away still.

I'm finally getting into it as anal bum, but at first I couldn't listen to it because it made me feel so unsettled.

Their desription of the album totally expressed the unidentifiable feeling it gave me -- I would walk outside afterward and see all these people out on the sunny Chicago streets, but feel like we were all just going out into public to anticipate together the end of the world within the next hour. <:{

I just caved, and bought the art card edition CD, even though I already ordered 3 copies of the vinyl. :biggrin:

I only got 2 copies on vinyl but I did the same thing. I guess it was my own damn fault for buying first and asking questions later, but I was banking on free flacs :( halp I have fwp. But seriously I am pretty poor and had to dig in the couch/return bottles to get this stuff. It's nice to find out the album is totally worth that plus the wait. Blown away still.

I'm trying hard not to listen to it anymore, until I have the real thing. When I heard RFTD on YouTube and compared it to the actual download the difference was rediculous.

Guest bitroast

The difference is rediculous.

Having spent the past week listening to the YouTube live stream, I don't really have great regrets though. The quality was pretty good enough to give good impression of the album, with the official release sounding full and excellent again^^

Edited by pigster

Guest bitroast

Also, this is without really comparing properly, but I'm pretty sure the vinyl wails over the bleep mp3 release in regards to the mastering. Maybe I'm just listening to the mp3s too loudly,... But it seems really loud and upfront. The vinyl seems more open and its a lot easier to appreciate the sound range, the lows>highs, quiets>louds. Obviously, the mp3 release is better than the YouTube stream, but the vinyl is easily winning with this one.:)

Guest feralkittens

The difference is rediculous.

Having spent the past week listening to the YouTube live stream, I don't really have great regrets though. The quality was pretty good enough to give good impression of the album, with the official release sounding full and excellent again^^

Good to hear! I have the mp3s now and while it's much better than the rip, the vinyl is what I'm foaming at the mouth for. Really trying not to listen to it as much as I want to, it's hard though.

Is there any particular song that you think really shines on vinyl that you didn't get the same impact from on mp3? I'm particularly excited to hear Gemini.

Pretty rad to think there are people who are just discovering BOC for the first time. They'll like TH and decide to check out older albums and they'll hear MHTRTC and IABPOITC for the first time.

Jealous

Edited by LOL Alzado

Great album, but not a good introduction to BoC. Anybody who hasn't bothered to listen to them before, most likely would not have the patience for this one. It's by far the least "accessible" album of theirs.

TH by far the least accessible? Why? I don't see why TH would be far less accessible than the other albums. It doesn't sound more complex. Nor does it sound as the most dark (geogaddi is still darker, imo). People are allowed to like TH without getting all the subliminal/palindrome stuff, right?

TH by far the least accessible? Why? I don't see why TH would be far less accessible than the other albums. It doesn't sound more complex. Nor does it sound as the most dark (geogaddi is still darker, imo). People are allowed to like TH without getting all the subliminal/palindrome stuff, right?

It is a somewhat less "coherent" album I'll say. That is compared to MHTRTC and their earlier albums. The tracks don't flow into each other and the overall feel is a bit chaotic, imho. Not saying people can't like it. I just think it would be easier for me to get into BoC via MHTRTC or TCH than TH.

I think it's their most immersive. You can live in it.

"or you're gonna wind up living in a techno record by a couple of hippie Scotsman."

Chris_Farley.jpg

It is a somewhat less "coherent" album I'll say. That is compared to MHTRTC and their earlier albums. The tracks don't flow into each other and the overall feel is a bit chaotic, imho. Not saying people can't like it. I just think it would be easier for me to get into BoC via MHTRTC or TCH than TH.

Sorry, but I can't relate to that at all.

The only place where the flow is disrupted is at the start of that palace track. Everything else is one piece of flowing trippyness. The irony is that upon first listen the tracks sounded a bit sparse to me. ( had that feeling back in 98 as well, btw) Especially at the start of the tracks, where the melodies start off almost like simple one finger on the piano melodies. To a certain extent TH came off as surprisingly minimal. Yes, I heard some stuff happening in the background, but apparently I'm one of those people who need to read that interview to become aware of the "subliminal"/palindromic stuff. But this album doesn't overwhelm me one bit with too much detail, or chaos.

Sorry, but I can't relate to that at all.

The only place where the flow is disrupted is at the start of that palace track. Everything else is one piece of flowing trippyness. The irony is that upon first listen the tracks sounded a bit sparse to me. ( had that feeling back in 98 as well, btw) Especially at the start of the tracks, where the melodies start off almost like simple one finger on the piano melodies. To a certain extent TH came off as surprisingly minimal. Yes, I heard some stuff happening in the background, but apparently I'm one of those people who need to read that interview to become aware of the "subliminal"/palindromic stuff. But this album doesn't overwhelm me one bit with too much detail, or chaos.

Maybe it's because I have only heard it once (in the stream). I only have memories of the whole thing. Anyways, opinions opinions, it's a great album. Maybe my perception on it will change after have listened to it some 20 times or something.

Guest bitroast

the download code was inside the left sleeve of the gatefold, along with the disc 1 sleeve.

if it's not there at all, that's really poor form for bleep not to include the extras to those that pre-oredered :|