IGNORED

Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

Alzado

I've only had one complete listen-through (the live stream, which was kinda spotty in terms of quality playback on my end, at least) and a few listens to a couple tracks here and there. I haven't downloaded the illegal copies since I'm in the states and I prefer to listen to music I paid for only. That said, there's no way I'm at all disappointed in this album. I'm a bit surprised in the wide range of subtle emotion, but pleasantly so. I'm so looking forward to my physical copies. I'm going to tack up my artcards on the wall and blast that motherfucker until my neighbors call the cops.

This sounds like it will take some time to grow on me. My brain hasn't adjusted to the reality that this is new boc.

The music is absolutely amazing, but it's like, was it worth the wait? Some of it is similar but at the same time unlike anything I've heard before. That in itself is an impressive feat but I'll have to wait and see.

All I know for sure right now is that this kicks TCH into the ground and rapes it violently.

Cold Earth is some classy fucking classic boc :wub:

Edited by chim

I know what you mean about the "worth the wait?" question, but I've gotten around it in my thinking. Something clearly happened in BOC's life, and whatever it was, it's none of my business. On the other hand, I've been enjoying a lot of great new music in the interim: Bibio, Emeralds, Oneohtrix, Locust, "The Revenant Diary", KTL's soundtrack to "The Phantom Carriage", etc. And now here's BOC's return. Whatever the issue was, I don't care--I'm rejoicing in this awesome beast of a fucking album, and I can't wait to have a copy in my sweaty, hairy palms!

Guest Gravity

Cold Earth is some classy fucking classic boc :wub:

Right?

2:33 = tumblr_m1zmmcf0i71rn95k2o1_250.gif

Edited by Gravity

The album isn't dark to me. Hope I'm not missing the point, but I doubt it. There's a potential of life being focused on throughout.

Listen to the last track, in the dark, with headphones on. Or, in traffic on the freeway. The depression will hit you like a fucking brick.

And that synth in Nothing Is Real... Boards created a new sound that I have fallen instantly in love with. Indescribable.

Funnily enough, that stood out to me as the most typically BOC sound on the album. (I assume you mean the main melody?)

Since I know fuck all about music, the best I can describe it is the metallic sounding synth... it's a sound I don't think I've ever heard (anywhere), and I fell in love with it instantly.

The Gemini very beginning Tadaaa thing ... is that from an existing computer game? Sounds like. Hahahaha, reminds me of the Aphex idea, the track on Come to Daddy which ends with an applause... (the "you've got so many machines, Richard" track) Always made me grin, hahahaha, DAT APPLUSA

Haven't properly listened to it yet. You wrote, the voices are back:

HOW ABOUT GUITARS? I know you all loved the guitars! ;)

That's a call-sign from a television station or movie production house - I was wondering myself if they made that, or it's a sample. Wait, wasn't it used on BOC's "invocation" Video for Trans Canada Highway?

Yes, yes it is:

[youtubehd]qIB6219fg_k[/youtubehd]

Also, does anyone else get a Blade Runner titles vibe from Gemini? That string opening sounds almost the same as the opening titles for Blade Runner.

Definitely a few tracks I want to hear backwards.

Collapse has the same structure forwards or backwards. Kinda cool.

Mine says despatched (bleep).

So I'll post my comments on it in about 2 months, after having to email bleep 10 times that it hasn't arrived yet and hear them tell me to wait 21-28 days.

Or I'll just download the mp3s. lol

very interesting, considering they've stated that they regard it as the 'centre' of the album.

Edit: is there one on each album?

None on Campfire Headphase.

Almost no voices at all on that album, maybe just a tiny blip on chromakey dreamcoat.

I'm actually really pleased to see the voices are back

someone counts '1 2 3 4' on pontiac dream.
... When?? I've never heard that, and just relistened and didn't hear it.

However in the process I realized I forgot Sherbert Head has some muffled voices.

I'm not saying it's not there. I'm actually just curious to find it now.

Guest Gravity

Yeah, I always just heard it as a part of that melody before it. Never noticed the voice.

the_more_you_know.jpeg

Also, does anyone else get a Blade Runner titles vibe from Gemini? That string opening sounds almost the same as the opening titles for Blade Runner.

Funny enough, I had ordered my BOC copy at hhv.de with the red vinyl reprint of Bladerunner. It's just playing right now, after I listened to TH.

very interesting, considering they've stated that they regard it as the 'centre' of the album.

not to mention track 2's reprise on the 2nd to last track.

very palindromic. it will be curious to find if there are other similarities structurally.

Was expecting Bleep to step up with the downloads for today but it seems they are going to be up on Monday for all of Europe (except Ireland). Was planning to have the grand first listen today, so decided to buy the vinyl from a local record store on a whim. Weirdly enough the download card code went through ok, and was able to download it from Bleep all the same.

:cerious:

Despatched

yes

Was expecting Bleep to step up with the downloads for today but it seems they are going to be up on Monday for all of Europe (except Ireland). Was planning to have the grand first listen today, so decided to buy the vinyl from a local record store on a whim. Weirdly enough the download card code went through ok, and was able to download it from Bleep all the same.

:cerious:

'lol'