IGNORED

May 27th - 17:00 PDT - Tomorrow's Harvest Listening Party

Dale

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm assuming Newberry Springs, CA has a city hall. Why doesn't someone call them in the morning and ask "Can you confirm or deny that a permit has been issued for an outdoor gathering in your town today (May 27th)? Possibly at Lake Dolores Water Park?".... You can't just have a show outdoors and envite people to come without a permit, otherwise I don't foresee it lasting very long. There is always a paper trail. Just a thought, I'm new around here so I don't really expect anyone to listen to me.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Guest PYITE

I'm assuming Newberry Springs, CA has a city hall. Why doesn't someone call them in the morning and ask "Can you confirm or deny that a permit has been issued for an outdoor gathering in your town today (May 27th)? Possibly at Lake Dolores Water Park?".... You can't just have a show outdoors and envite people to come without a permit, otherwise I don't foresee it lasting very long. There is always a paper trail. Just a thought, I'm new around here so I don't really expect anyone to listen to me.

Never mind, I just remembered all government buildings are closed tomorrow due to Memorial Day. So much for that idea. Touche' BoC...

Um, LOL. It's the middle of the desert, Even in the US you can get away with quite a lot .... if you're from CO think of it and being 100 miles east of Denver on the plains. Newberry Springs can't be anything more than a census designated place. I don't know where they would get a permit. Barstow would have a city all, etc, but probably would have to go alt the way to San Bernardino 100 miles away ... San Bernardino County is huge (the size of some countries in Europe) and has 4 mil people.

Guest PYITE

Um, LOL. It's the middle of the desert, Even in the US you can get away with quite a lot .... if you're from CO think of it and being 100 miles east of Denver on the plains. Newberry Springs can't be anything more than a census designated place. I don't know where they would get a permit. Barstow would have a city all, etc, but probably would have to go alt the way to San Bernardino 100 miles away ... San Bernardino County is huge (the size of some countries in Europe) and has 4 mil people.

Just figured it would be easier than driving multiple hours for nothing, but a lot of people have more time on their hands than I do. I'm sure tomorrow will be the most "epic" thing ever, enjoy yoursevles.

Just figured it would be easier than driving multiple hours for nothing, but a lot of people have more time on their hands than I do. I'm sure tomorrow will be the most "epic" thing ever, enjoy yoursevles.

I'm going out there with the full expectation of being disappointed. There's no way it is a concert or even a listneing to the full album. Hopefully its something and I'm not wasting six hours of my time on a rare holiday.

However. the location is privately owned, and they certainly could throw a party, if a number of people happen to figure that location is the place to be based upon GPS coodrinates posted to twitter then so be it....

Other than highway patrol on the 15 I do not know what law enforcement would bother with anything out there. Hell the Manson Family lived relatively undisturbefd in the California desert for a few years.

I'm going out there with the full expectation of disappointing. There's no way it is a concert or even a listneing to the full album. Hopefully its something and I'm not wasting six hours of my time on a rare holiday.

However. the location is privately owned, and they certainly could throw a party, if a number of people happen to figure that location is the place to be based upon GPS coodrinates posted to twitter then so be it....

Other than highway patrol on the 15 I do not know what law enforcement would bother with anything out there. Hell the Manson Family lived relatively undisturbefd in the California desert for a few years.

I think it will be worth it. SOMETHING is going to happen. It won't be nothing, so just go. Have fun.

Guest PYITE

@PlatrixECV -> I'm sure something is going down, I hope you and everyone who makes the journey walks away with an amazing story to tell. Worst thing that can happen is a bunch of BoC fans show up in the middle of nowhere and everyone makes some new friends.

@PlatrixECV -> I'm sure something is going down, I hope you and everyone who makes the journey walks away with an amazing story to tell. Worst thing that can happen is a bunch of BoC fans show up in the middle of nowhere and everyone makes some new friends.

Yeah, I'm looking at it as perhaps my last great adventure. It is only by a twist of fate (work clearing last minute and non-Boc aware fiance out of the country) that I am evenfree this weekend at all. If nothing else I am five years past my prime driving to the desert on a whim. Good times and memories of a younger, burdenless me.

Guest PYITE

Yeah, I'm looking at it as perhaps my last great adventure. It is only by a twist of fate (work clearing last minute and non-Boc aware fiance out of the country) that I am evening free this weekend at all. If nothing else I am five years past my prime driving to the desert on a whim. Good times and memories of a younger, burdenless me.

Hey, age is only a number. I can honestly say that I will drive to the end of the world to see the last show Phish plays, regardless of how old I am. I love being passionate about music!!

Yeah, I'm looking at it as perhaps my last great adventure. It is only by a twist of fate (work clearing last minute and non-Boc aware fiance out of the country) that I am evening free this weekend at all. If nothing else I am five years past my prime driving to the desert on a whim. Good times and memories of a younger, burdenless me.

Hey, age is only a number. I can honestly say that I will drive to the end of the world to see the last show Phish plays, regardless of how old I am. I love being passionate about music!!

True, but time is extremely finite, and it seems responsibilities increase. I've gotten lucky a number of times in seeing the 5-10 most important music related things in my life, most of those were before responsibilities- work, family, etc. Boards of Canada is sort of the holy grail for me. Hopefully it's something cool.

i wish i was a big enough Boc to go down and check it out. it sounds really exciting, if i was a fan i'd totally drive down there on short notice. too bad memorial day traffic on hwy 5 is going to be an absolute nightmare

Just had a thought... imagine Boc were MAKING a video at the waterpark with fans as extras secretly filmed LOOKING and taking video/film of BoC-like artifacts

Now that would be cool

awesome. At first i expected all the slides to still be there, but that would probably be a huge liability, teens trying to climb up them. My highschool senior trip was at a water park in Concord, about 20 miles away from San Francisco. They tried to block the slide as a prank, and when enough kids piled up at one point at the top it collapsed, killing 2 people.

Guest jasondonervan

around 2:52. never noticed this. Must be jazz, and I'm WAY off the subject but I don't care.

UmpOi.gif

Just had a thought... imagine Boc were MAKING a video at the waterpark with fans as extras secretly filmed LOOKING and taking video/film of BoC-like artifacts

Now that would be cool

even more meta: BoC release a virus into the crowd during playback of their album which triggers the zombie apocalypse, thereby releasing their soundtrack to the zombie apocalypse and starting the apocalypse at the same time.

Their cult status thereby consummated, and untouchable forever.

:boc:

Archived