IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

YO303

at this point if Trent did an unplugged NIN album with him at a piano with an acoustic guitar recorded in a live setting it would be far more 'experimental' than doing albums that sound like dried up behind the technological curve angsty power metal industrial pop

YES, thank you. i'd rather hear a collection of songs where he sings poetic, emotional lyrics over piano lines... something, anything vibrant and melodic. Instead, I'm assuming I'll hear the same calculated and contained rants over modular synths and fuzzed out guitars. it's funny because even though that "genre" or "style" is probably more similar to broken or maybe even parts of tds than it could be in terms of useage of sounds/instruments, it's still so far away from the freshness, the weirdness, the brutality of those releases. Not here to judge trent on his evolution, growing up, musical choices.. of course, we all have a sort of "prime", musically as artists, it seems, but song-wise, melody-wise, I"m completely convinced that he still has it in him to write memorable music. It just hasn't happened in so long that i miss it. Hopefully, he has spent more time on song/attitude/emotion than production/concept this time around... because imo...

song/melody/attitude/emotion > production/concept/sound

regardless ill always support and love nin, and pretty much everything's trent's put out has been worthy, i think.. it's sometimes just difficult not to hold such brilliant artists up to the standards they set for themselves..

either way, here's to hoping his next one kills it!

:beer:

at this point if Trent did an unplugged NIN album with him at a piano with an acoustic guitar recorded in a live setting it would be far more 'experimental' than doing albums that sound like dried up behind the technological curve angsty power metal industrial pop

Yeah, I agree. 'Still' was such a great little album. I was kinda hoping he'd carry on in that direction, really. Ghosts has some parts like that but not quite as interesting, imo.

Fuckbook tweet @ 10:20 today says tomorrow but in the immortal words of The Irresistable Force "It's Tomorrow Already!"...somewhere that is

It's nearly 2.30pm on the 6th here. I assume the post didn't mean 2.30pm Melbourne time though, hah.

Guest Gravity

Last link was a shorter version, here's the real one apparently. Oops.

[sc5]95453832[/sc5]

well i wonder what he has left to write about for this album, since, in his own words, obama has come along and made all of his political statements on his more recent outings 'obsolete'? too bad there aren't any wars, violations of civil liberties/freedom of speech, religious fanatics causing problems, or presidential abuses of power for him to write about.

or like, could you imagine an alternate world where obama hadn't led the world to nuclear disarmament like he did right after taking office, landing him that nobel prize? then we might be in a world where nuclear weapons going off was a concern. and THAT might make a great plot to a protest album. what a shame. :(

Edited by MisterE

Guest RadarJammer

[sc5]95453832[/sc5]

ohmygod he's gone full retard

Guest Gravity

[sc5]95453832[/sc5]

ohmygod he's gone full retard

lol

UH CAYM BAHK HUNHTED

I do like the actual music, however.

hmm, it's pretty alright, I guess. Probably better than Year Zero, which I tried listening to the other day, and just didn't really do anything for me. I was a pretty big NIN fanboy though in the late 90s/early 2000s so I'll definitely grab the album.

haha what you said modey. i don't mind the track despite the fact reznor has gone completely electronic faux-angry/dark pop, and despite being a frothing-at-the-mouth fanboy as a teenager i've made the assumption he'll never return to his peak of downward spiral/fragile. i'll grab the album.

i'm also amused reznor was all "FUCK THOSE RECORD LABEL GUYS" a number of years ago but he's very obviously gone back to major labels now, with no real explanation that obviously worked out real well.

i'm also amused reznor was all "FUCK THOSE RECORD LABEL GUYS" a number of years ago but he's very obviously gone back to major labels now, with no real explanation that obviously worked out real well.

haha well, it's probably pretty easy for him to get a really good record deal now..

in all seriousness i'm guessing he got sick of playing business/marketing man and just wants to make music

still going to lol about him going back on what he was saying tho

Tracks all right I guess.

Would be better if the main riff was an actual guitar all the way in the song. The other band members must just stand around while Trent and his computer do the business on stage

I don't mind the music THAT much, even if way too clean. Sadly this reminds me of Alec Empire's last album in terms of vibe. His vocals ruin everything though, holy shit.

And lol at ending the song on "STOP!"

Never heard that done before!

Or you know what else could make a great political album? If the economy HADN'T been fixed. Or even worse/better- if it actually got WORSE than it was ~4yrs ago.

OR dig this- what if it turned out...

that we were living in a totalitarian style world where all communications are being observed by our government?

like everything we say over the phone, every text message, everything? wouldn't THAT be a nightmare? think of the album THAT could make!

too bad we don't have all/any of that stuff going on.

but this track about rez being haunted, i'm sure that's... pertinent

to something

somehow?

maybe there's some kind of problem with ghosts that we all need to be made aware of?

:ohmy:

Did you like Hand That Feeds at the time?

I couldn't take With Teeth at all. Although I really enjoyed the writeup on the Meathead Perspective back in the day, lol