IGNORED

Jackson & His Computer Band - Glow

Redruth

hudmo remix, quite like it, adds some characrer to the music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-5v4qjzdpfQ

from the comments, oh dear...

"0:00 - 0:13 Panting, he makes it through the door to the club, but can't see his girl

0:14 - 0:28 Starting to panic, he desperately pushes his way through the crowd

0:29 - 0:36 He thinks he glimpses her through the strobes and dives through

0:36 - 0:43 She's there! Radiant and grinning like a madman she pulls him close and

0:44+ THEY KISS

(1:13 - 1:21 Don't care, that was epic.)"

lol why is surkin in a video for a hudson mohawke remix of jackson and his computer band.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a tad troubled when really talented producers decide to start making chart-ranking attempting pop songs. Jackson's dive into Pitchfork friendly young hipster pop reminds me of Clark's direction post Turning Dragon

yeah this is true and it always lacks in the pop. ends up being in a grey zone and characterless, this album lacks the attitude of smash (but i still like arp & vista & think they do the pop well!).

Yeah I enjoyed this album too, and agree it's not collectively as great and engaging as Smash is. There are some great moments, hell "Orgysteria" is one of my favorite tracks (I'm a sucker for well-executed melodramatic epics, "Touch" was one of my favorites of Daft Punk's RAM). It's maddening that, imo, this is as well-made as RAM or Yeezus but was never going to achieve anything close to the acclaim or attention of either album. In terms of production and songwriting it's equivalent to those.

Jackson Fourgeaud is in an interesting class of electronic producers that are undeniably apt at producing and naturally inclined to making "poppier" music but simply haven't crossed over despite sincere and worthwhile efforts. Often these correspond with certain trends within electronic music and at the expense of facing criticism from dedicated fans. Others who come to mind: Tom Jenkinson, Amon Tobin, Luke Vibert, Miguel Trost De Pedro (Kid606). This album is yet another example of that.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Air - 10000hz legend. I haven't really listened to it in years, so I may be wrong, but it's the first thing that sprung into my mind when I heard this album.

Air - 10000hz legend. I haven't really listened to it in years, so I may be wrong, but it's the first thing that sprung into my mind when I heard this album.

thanks. that's an air album i have yet to listen to.

Archived