IGNORED

Jackson & His Computer Band - Glow

Redruth

According to this release listing: http://www.insound.com/GI-Jane-Fill-Me-Up-Vinyl-12inch-Jackson-and-His-Computer-Band/P/INS118224/

"The new direction in G.I. Jane (Fill Me Up) connects his IDMrevolving, high definition productions with heavy pop structures and full fledged vocal epics. "G.I. Jane" takes off into Thin Lizzy meets Carl Craig levels of dance synth mania, while "Vista" keeps a steady french house build, washed in 90's soundtrack keys. His own remix re-emphasizes the techno base of Detroit soundscapes."

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that cover, lol wow...

lol indeed

Never looked into Smash, what's a good track to check out?

SMASH is great check out the whole album, it's one solid piece and hasnt really been affected by time

483548_511147345589875_138197077_n.jpg

Kinda weird retrobush displayed on that monitor. Don't trust this guy...he's got a dangerous look about him.

Pretty meh trailer all around, but I'm looking forward to the album nonetheless.

doesn't sound nearly as experimental or weird as his first LP, but I guess for someone who single handedly invented the Ed Banger sound (with the help of Oizo) you can't expect their work after a long hiatus to be super ground breaking.

Someone on the faceboooks said his Sonar set was "Greatest SHow in sonar 2013". If anyone has a recording of that I would love to get my hands on that. And SMASH has been one of my fave albums ever since I heard Utopia

“The live show opens a territory of everlasting changes and real time communion with the audience. My Computerband is now fully alive”

kind of an ominous statement...coupled with the sinister vibes from the sneak peaks I'd say this album is poised to rok evry1s sox off

[youtubehd]gbO9wn94jLA[/youtubehd]

sounds pretty weak tbh

Any more info on his machines? Looks like there are a bunch of tuned resonant plates there... Loads of metallic tones going.

Archived