IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

http://youtu.be/_bZkZr4GcGg

http://www.colundi.net

Also, earlier in this thread I posted the LinkedIn page of this strange Colundi organisation :)

Seems to be a big project in the works anyway, might have something to do with what Joyrex has been hinting at?

close...

Guest vibertisgod

Wow, you've got me excited now. Aleksi told me that his Berghain show with Grant recently in Berlin was in surround sound... So maybe a release in this format like Dave Tipper did with Surrounded?

http://youtu.be/_bZkZr4GcGg

http://www.colundi.net

Also, earlier in this thread I posted the LinkedIn page of this strange Colundi organisation :)

Seems to be a big project in the works anyway, might have something to do with what Joyrex has been hinting at?

close...

colundi blue KKK style pylon outerwear? =/

jkjkjk.... this is exciting, I'm looking forward to more Aleksi!

Edited by StephenG

wow, colundi.net is uh... interesting. i like the logo. this whole colundi business is ascending to some kind of upper tier of idm

and what's with this weird badge system thing on the website? seems out of place

http://www.ovuca.com/research.html

Anyone care to explain this to me!

These are his self made musical scales. When he did the Mental Union albums, it was all constructed these scales instead of the common Western 12TET (tone equal temperament) scale. For Colundi he's also doing this: "a series of mathematically-related and non-related and specifically resonant microtones that, in experiments, appear to conjure magical physical & psychological phenomena, synchronicity, unity."

Or, as Grant once ranted on facebook: ditch the whole chromatic scale. explore the colundi sequence, where each note is based on several specific biological/physical/chemical/mental/emotional resonances. e.g. 90-111Hz - Beta Endorphin range. 126.22Hz - 32nd octave of Earth year, The Frequency Of The Sun, Color=Green, Tempo=118.3 BPM, centering of magic, Hara(chakra). there are 128 specific frequencies in the scale.

colundi_sequence.jpg

You might want to read this too:

post-152-0-03860000-1396820877.jpg

Guest vibertisgod

Thanks Herr Jan. I had understood the project as you had described however that article was really interesting, I assume that was The Wire magazine, must have missed that.

Interesting to see Grant so enthused about making music, I'm not aware of anything he's done since his IG-88 days and the early shelved Rephlex release.

Guest mrgerbik

These are his self made musical scales. When he did the Mental Union albums, it was all constructed these scales instead of the common Western 12TET (tone equal temperament) scale. For Colundi he's also doing this: "a series of mathematically-related and non-related and specifically resonant microtones that, in experiments, appear to conjure magical physical & psychological phenomena, synchronicity, unity."

Or, as Grant once ranted on facebook: ditch the whole chromatic scale. explore the colundi sequence, where each note is based on several specific biological/physical/chemical/mental/emotional resonances. e.g. 90-111Hz - Beta Endorphin range. 126.22Hz - 32nd octave of Earth year, The Frequency Of The Sun, Color=Green, Tempo=118.3 BPM, centering of magic, Hara(chakra). there are 128 specific frequencies in the scale.

You might want to read this too:

attachicon.gifpost-152-0-03860000-1396820877.jpg

awesome info. love this series (sequence) so far...

It might seem almost gimmicky to some people, that custom musical scale, but the colundi releases are my favorite ambient releases out there (aside from SAW2).

There are so many moments that for whatever reason make my hair stand up, or this sounds stupid, but I notice I'm breathing heavily or holding my breath or whatever. It just holds my focus so well (especially colundi 1 and 2).

Really special releases in my books!

Guest bitroast

yeah that's the thing. it would be gimicky if the music didn't hold up to the premise. but the music fucken nails it and the obscure and unique tunings add to and are largely a big factor behind the music anyway :)

I highly recommend listening to Colundi while studying, especially math or chemistry related stuff. Also metaphysics :)

I tend to have pretty bad ADD sometimes, I can't focus while studying and I'm constantly switching from my studies to random things online etc. When I throw on Colundi as background music this seems to take the ADD away.

Just an observation.

I highly recommend listening to Colundi while studying, especially math or chemistry related stuff. Also metaphysics :)

I tend to have pretty bad ADD sometimes, I can't focus while studying and I'm constantly switching from my studies to random things online etc. When I throw on Colundi as background music this seems to take the ADD away.

Just an observation.

Add 15 or 20mg of Adderall to the equation, it should help. :)

Edited by MassfreeKid