IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Guest bitroast

So where the f*** do I send money to get a digital copy of level 8?

lol angry

probably just a bit of courtesy waiting to allow the people who purchased the wire physical to receive it before the digital version gets released.

i'm sure it'll appear on bandcamp.

It appears to me that the goal of the Kickstarter should've been set lower, with 30 000$ as a stretch goal. As much as I want this to happen, I honestly don't think the chances are that good...

Seems to be possible for this to happen even if 30 000$ isn't reached:

"We have several options of sites, depending on how much is raised (see example photos). Somewhere between £3,000 and £30,000 should secure what we have in mind. But there’s no limit to what we could share."

yeah i feel like a crowdfunding site with 'flexible funding' (that is, all the money raised will be sent regardless of the goal being met) would have been better

I honestly think the only way this would work is if the details are thoroughly presented. At this time they aren't. That doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence.

I'm still not sure what to think of this - I would happily pay the $30,- to get a new album and to say I co-own a piece of land in the UK but only 10 days to get $29,202 seems completely unreleastic at this point. For me to sort out another temporary credit card for something that is this unlikely to happen I'd rather just skip as much as I hate to say it... I would be totally up for it if this was done through Indiegogo or another site where you can pay with PayPal and won't necessarily have to achieve the $30,000 goal. I'm actually suprised it isn't done through that as this is in the description:

We have several options of sites, depending on how much is raised (see example photos). Somewhere between £3,000 and £30,000 should secure what we have in mind. But there’s no limit to what we could share.
No 30,000 is no money at all afaik. How would this be solved?

It reminds me of the idea the Bunker Records boss Guy Tavares had to build his own articifial city state in the north sea called Heliopolis, his own deadline for that is somewhere in the next 20 years :) while he planned that he also bought a piece of desert in the US (close to Los Angeles I think) but sold it recently because the plans where just too far out. Basically, the idea is really insane / cool, but people outside the UK wouldn't benefit that much from owning a piece of land somewhere in Cornwall. I'm loving the idea of just being able to organize festivals etc. there though, but how realistic is all this?

And it has to be said, I'm noticing that a lot of people are holding out because of the vagueness of it all. As far as we all knew so far, Colundi was an album series, suddenly it's a cult-like commune and suddenly EDM C2 is also a colundi album (edit: misinterpreted that, there is one track on there composed with Colundi frequencies called Solid Curve), as well as gardening and cooking. I don't have trouble following this because I'm following all this since the start but I don't blame the ones who don't have a clue what is going on.

2) Does it come with a download code?

Aye essentially it's $30 for the digital download, the rest is .... well not quite sure what the word is.

This may be time for a wagon wheel.....

Haha, totally forgot about my sig - due to the colour scheme I use (WATMM classic) it's like a dark blue grey on a slightly lighter blue grey background. Gonna be a bit longer since I have a wagon wheel: last year I worked out I'm 'allergic' to something in chocolate and causes me migraines, so I've been off *all* chocolate for the last 12 months

I see the # days remaining from the project has been removed - For some reason I thought all Kickstarters had to have at least some date restriction, guess not !

2) Does it come with a download code?

Aye essentially it's $30 for the digital download, the rest is .... well not quite sure what the word is.

This may be time for a wagon wheel.....

Haha, totally forgot about my sig - due to the colour scheme I use (WATMM classic) it's like a dark blue grey on a slightly lighter blue grey background. Gonna be a bit longer since I have a wagon wheel: last year I worked out I'm 'allergic' to something in chocolate and causes me migraines, so I've been off *all* chocolate for the last 12 months

I see the # days remaining from the project has been removed - For some reason I thought all Kickstarters had to have at least some date restriction, guess not !

I still see 10 days to go!

Ooops, you're right - Have Scriptblock installed and it was blocking the javasccript on Kickstarter, everything else was rendering properly except the days remaining which had vanished ! Now whitelisted and the days have returned ... (liking the Roland drum machine based donations amount at the moment)