IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Ummm, right. Three questions;

1) Can I have a patch of Colundi in walking distance of Norwich city centre?

2) Does it come with a download code?

3) What the fuck?

Just to be clear, I am just managing the Kickstarter, and was asked to help manage and promote it.

It's certainly an interesting idea, and I suppose the easiest way to get Level 9 (versus a wire reel recording).

Ummm, right. Three questions;

1) Can I have a patch of Colundi in walking distance of Norwich city centre?

3) What the fuck?

Yes, a download of colundi Level 9 will be provided to anyone who backs at 30.00USD or more - from what I understand, it's about an hour's worth of music.

It's certainly an interesting idea, and I suppose the easiest way to get Level 9 (versus a wire reel recording).

but isn't 8 the one on the wire recording? :wtf:

...and it's not even out yet and we're talking about 10 ffs

Aye essentially it's $30 for the digital download, the rest is .... well not quite sure what the word is.

This may be time for a wagon wheel.....

Just to clarify, Aleksi is not profiting from this - as it says in the Kickstarter, 100% of the profits go towards purchase of a property or properties - your contribution gets you colundi Level 9 as a digital download, and you own a part of whatever properties are purchased with the proceeds of this Kickstarter.

I think it's a pretty neat idea, and fits well with the whole colundi aesthetic...

but isn't 8 the one on the wire recording? :wtf:

Yes, that's right - I was saying this is a bit easier to obtain in terms of quantity...

Guest vibertisgod

1st backer, pulled the trigger on $30 no questions as it's a great idea and one that I'm definately intrigued by. Plus, you know the music will be great :braindance:

However, I'm not sure that they'll get the full £20,000/$30,000 with such a short deadline and relatively few who are aware of the sequence (just try and Google it; only the Wire article, a RA review of the vinyl and this thread). If the full backing is not reached by the deadline don't Kickstarter pull the project and refund everyone?

Yes, that's correct - nobody pays anything if it doesn't reach it's goal... that's the safeguard Kickstarter offers.

I'm hopeful it will reach it and be another innovative way to share/release music - plus, how cool would it be to go somewhere and hear the music you backed as part of the installation? The mind (wire) reels...

2nd backer, equally worried that the goal won't be reached.

Not entirely comparable maybe, but the Biosphere Microgravity kickstarter reached about 20 000$ in a longer period of time, and with a low cost option of a digital download for about 7$...

As far as property law in the united states to have a property owned by the amount of people this kickstarter could potential have would be such an insane clusterfuck to handle. It would require a deed that would include each backer as well as a partition deed that would set out the guidelines that everyone that has a % interest would have to agree to, sign the document, and get it notarized for each signature. You would most likely want to make the executive rights belong to Aleksi or some other person that is seemingly reliable so that all decisions can be made without having to reach an agreement between each owner. Then someone has to be in charge of paying the taxes each year. Not really that hard to handle, but could be potentially costly. There are other things to consider as well as part of the purchase. Are you going to buy the surface estate only? Are you going to acquire the mineral interests with the property? Are you going to setup a plan for successor executors? Are you going to create a trust and establish all the backers as beneficiaries with the property being owned by the trust?

Anyway, there are a lot of things to consider from a logistics standpoint regarding this project, and several ways to approach it.

Also, if you acquire mineral interests or there is anything else on the property that could be potentially profitable you need to setup guidelines that determine how it is handled. You also need to determine how something like a wind turbine bonus and royalties distribution would work.

Thinking on it now creating a trust, "The Colundi Trust" perhaps, would probably be the best way to handle this. That way you can setup all the guidelines for everything that will be handled. Keep in mind that this would require the original purchase to be solely done at the discretion of the Aleksi to be the most easy way to organize things. Then we would just have to trust in Aleksi that he would't screw us over. It might be worthwhile for Aleksi to get advisement on the purchase he is planning to make in all our benefit so that he can maximize the potential of the purchase.

You also have to make sure that there aren't previous reservations and exceptions from the purchase. For instance, some kind of easement across the property that might make it illegal to actually construct something in a certain areas or even construct anything at all. Also, how are improvements to the property going to be distributed? If someone decides to spend 5k extra on improving the property at some point how is ownership of those improvements going to be handled? Is it even going to be allowed?

Many things to consider and it will require someone knowledgeable of property law in your country. I could lend a lot of help if something happens in the USA, but English law is more or less foreign to me.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui