IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Another great release ! i was thinking about it earlier, The colundi sequence series must be my favorite release of this year, sure its a huge "release", considered it last under 7 hours, but most of it sounds really really really good, & all over it, the series has a kind of identity/style that make it really work as a piece of art, it's whole long trip into frequencies/Bass & minimal yet warm sounds with bits of acid, techno roots etc. I'm not sure it does really matters but it seems strange that some of the best music released in 2014 got almost no reviews/mentions in the main music medias, beside a small review in RA for the level 3. Anyway, that Level 7 is truly good.

Edited by k h o v

Even though I thought 2014 was already the best year ever in music for me, maybe it saved the best for last with EDM and now this...

With #6 (even though I loved it) I was a tad worried that repetition would set in, but I'd say he has proven me wrong with this one. Fave so far is the 11th track, which is completely in the vein of a Mills melody being soaked in Colundi vibes. Dark and catchy as hell.

They all laughed at me for still having a minidisc player, but WHO'S LAUGHING NOW.

Yeah I've got one stored away somewhere ;)

Absolutely loving this. Really wish I'd got the first one and the usb thing but missed out on both :<

my least favourite level....it lacks the harmonic complexity of level 4 or the blissful warmth of level 6.

to me, level 7 sounds a bit like outtakes from the previous stuff.

it is more melodic, indeed, which makes it more accessible, but it sounds a little bit simple-minded compared to the previous stuff.

my least favourite level....it lacks the harmonic complexity of level 4 or the blissful warmth of level 6.

to me, level 7 sounds a bit like outtakes from the previous stuff.

it is more melodic, indeed, which makes it more accessible, but it sounds a little bit simple-minded compared to the previous stuff.

wtfiswrong.gif