IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

I didn't even noticed that the Astrobotnias got remastered.

I just wish Boom Blaster extended version could eventually get a physical release.

Guest grue

it's taken me a while to digest it all, but the colundi sequence 1-5 and the ovuca bonus are the best material he's released, at least in my opinion. really great stuff

Damnit, you people! I was frankly hoping this would suck and I could save some money, but, no, you give me a 2014 take on lush AI-era warp with a swizzle of braindance which is exactly what I've been looking for. And, AND, you made me use the word "swizzle."

(no, seriously, thanks for the samples. sound killer. I'm off to my shed.)

Guest Bubz

Man I couldn't figure out how to open that thing 'til I looked here. Thanks guys. I knew you'd be on it! :beer:

Funny thing is both HDs I have over here were full so I had to wipe a lot of music to make room. Hope all of that stuff was recoverable. Happy listening and thanks Aleksi!

I'd be interested in seeing a poll for which Mental Union is considered the best amongst this peer group. I'd say MU3

As a pledging-member of said peer group, do we consider Project V? Semi-contemporary (maybe?) but killer

Guest Bubz

So far I've resonated most with MU1, but that might be because it's the most accessible. I'll probably change my mind. Also I haven't jammed MU4 and MU2 enough yet (slow listener).

A little bit of each here hehe :

- I've listened to MU1 over and over and over : Hyperwave (what a nice way to begin an album), Teardrops and Leap through time

- can't pick any track in MU2 : really nice material, but I've listened to that one much less than the other ones.

- Highland and Oscid on MU3. Oscid especially !

- Japan, Thinking of you, Pedal Box, Blue Haze and Dust on MU4. I'd say that the one (of the Colundi pack) I've listened to the most yet.

Project V is also an amazing record, kind of half between Astrobotnia and most recent Aleksi's work. Spacetime and Path are ace... and damn! : Autumn Acid !!!

I just wish the extended Boom Blaster will eventually get a physical issue, lovely stuffs in that one too.

Colundi Sequence Level 4 is my fav of the CS bunch.

started from the bottom now i'm here...

aka level one.

astounding. lots of shit in 2014 is an emperor's new clothes situation. yeah it's cool but also a fad. this is pure, timeless deep electronic listening music at its finest. I'm a fan. great stuff!

aka level one.

astounding. lots of shit in 2014 is an emperor's new clothes situation. yeah it's cool but also a fad. this is pure, timeless deep electronic listening music at its finest. I'm a fan. great stuff!

Does it remind you of plastikman at all? I'm getting an early plastikman vibe form it.

That's the vibe I get from it. Deep (like you said), minimal, amazing stuff. There's nothing gimmicky about it.

Aleksi has had some of the most consistent output, quality wise, that I can think of in recent years. I think he's easily Rephlex's best artist (next to the obvious greats, Vibert/Aphex/SP, etc).

its better than early plastikman (and i assure you I'm a (or was) a huge plastikman fan) less acid shit

and yes to rephlex's best artist- -- maybe only bogdan comes close

its better than early plastikman (and i assure you I'm a (or was) a huge plastikman fan) less acid shit

and yes to rephlex's best artist- -- maybe only bogdan comes close

Agreed, hands down this is better than plastikman (though I still LOVE plasticity). I just think it's a similar vibe, enhanced through the better music technology (synths, better understanding of mixing, equing, and better systems for playback etc) we have today.

Bogdan is awesome too lol. I'm super impressed at Aleksi putting out 7 albums worth of material in one year. I find it funny that noone else is picking up on that aspect.....

Colundi 1-5 (all brilliant), MU4, and Ovuca "bonus disc"... That's 7 albums in one year. I can't think of another artist that has ever done this, where all the albums are quality!

aka level one.

Does it remind you of plastikman at all? I'm getting an early plastikman vibe form it.

That's the vibe I get from it. Deep (like you said), minimal, amazing stuff. There's nothing gimmicky about it.

I get a raster-noton vibe from it, but it could be the same thing. Crazy good stuff.