IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Okay, perhaps a stoopid noob question, but the bandcamp site says that files are x khz/ y bit wav format and yet the download options are flac/mp3 etc. Should I care (i.e. does flac stop being lossless at some point)? And do the original resolution files sound any better on my shit dell speakers or Iphone buds?

Help!

i'm on a big AP kick tonight. i cannot think of many people who are this consistently good. highlights today are Gate from mu3. awesome. that part where it sounds like it's scanning your brain does it for me. heptagon. oh yeah. vernal equinox from mu2 is awesome. bye from mu4 sounds like miss august's bro. i hope that (i think it's) hertz 5 track from his future music mix comes out one day. it has the bass and the atmosphere. excellent stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Colundi Sequence 4 reminds me of Jeff Mills' cosmic-oriented last few albums, such as The Jungle Planet, The Messenger, The Power, etc. Very minimal, pure sounding, repetitive, abstract, looping techno. I don't really get much of a Plastikman feeling though, but I see where you're coming from, Stephen.

Amazing track. Aleksi = Acid God

flol what a lush tune. brings a smile to my face every time, like after the grueling journey of my bullshit life this song is like arriving in a magical land where every one is absolutely ecstatic to greet me and we all chill out with hummingbirds and mice and dew drops and shit. fuck yeah. Edited by Alcofribas

Sort of an update, the Level 4 USB release is sold out (I guess it'll appear on bandcamp in a while, at least I hope for the ones that missed it). Also Level 3 (12") is now on top of the ovuca.com site with the comment 'coming out next'.

This is easily the most listened series of albums of this year (and probably of last year), I still can hardly comprehend it all even though I listen to it almost on a daily basis.

Oh man this seems cool but where should I start? Vol. 1 or get something else of his first? It seems I can only bandcamp most of it, unless the discs are still available somewhere?

Oh man this seems cool but where should I start? Vol. 1 or get something else of his first? It seems I can only bandcamp most of it, unless the discs are still available somewhere?

Depends on your taste, you don't have to listen it in order or something. This is all part of the Colundi Sequence:

- (Boom Blaster album, there was a 12" and a digital only album on rephlex.com, not available anymore. Not really part of this series but included this because the track "the Moon" was the first released track where he experimented with this scale etc.)

- Mental Union 1 & 2 on CD (might still be available somewhere, Norman / Juno / ?)

- Mental Union 3 CD (might still be available somewhere)

- Colundi Sequence set = Mental Union 4, Colundi Level 1 & 2 + Ovuca Bonus (sold out, bandcamp only now)

- Level 3 12" = coming soon

- Level 4 USB release = sold out

- Level 5 = bandcamp only

I like MU4, Ovuca Bonus and Level 4 the most (at the moment), but it really depends on what you're doing. The Level albums are the best for sleeping / deep concentration. MU1 and MU4 are really playful, fun and with loads of acidy stuff.

It all comes down to taste, the overall quality of the tunes is fantastic.

MU1&4 are quite similar, the most varied and playful of the bunch. Classic braindance bliss.

MU2 is contemplative/mediative, somehow not that different from the Colundi stuffs.

MU3 is somewhere in between.

Ovuca Bonus is a more playful take on the Colundi esthetic, lovely tunes.

Level 4 is my favorite of the Colundi. It might be the most engaging of the bunch. Level 5 to my ears is the most abstract.

Thanks! Aleksi seems like one of those artists where everything is quality so I don't think I'll be disappointed with what i get. Time to raid the bandcamp.

You're welcome !

I would say that he really stepped up his game when he started to release his music under his own name. I love Astrobotnia, but his most recent records are incredible.

Edited by lin

Guest jasondonervan

This deserves a home here too, I reckon

watch(sync) with this audio instead holy shit:

lush lush lush

• 2 weeks later...

feel lucky i got that USB stick. It's fucking great.

IT'S ALL SO GOOD. my compy died unceremoniously recently and haven't had the chance to listen to these wonderful things yet through my nice sound card. Plugging away now and I'm just so happy. ... now just waiting patiently for the bandcamp of level 4 so i can get some official digital album art

Just a heads up for everyone, Level 3 (the 12") can now be pre-ordered through ovuca.com (email to sales.apmusik at gmail.com):

The Colundi Sequence Level 3
Clear 12" 180g vinyl, half-speed mastering
Exclusive 300 limited edition
Manufacturing now, ETA early September
£9 + p&p via Paypal

Pre-order now by emailing your postal address to
sales.apmusik at gmail.com
You will then receive payment info

A1 UK74R1405016 [6:06]
A2 UK74R1405026 [5:45]
B1 UK74R1405036 [8:30]

[APMU5]

: )

is there a track listing for level 4 or is that the bonus stuff?

cant find nought on his site or discogs

EDIT : ignore that. found it

Edited by Guest