IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Guest jasondonervan

When I placed my order, I thanked Aleksi for releasing such high quality files. He replied saying I was the first person to thank him for it... and that it was much appreciated. :beer:

I've got nothing but love for AP, though you guys might want to read this.

Basically from an end-listener perspective hi-res audio offers no advantages over standard 16/44.1. Of course in Aleksi's case choosing to release all of this as such probably ties in with all the Colundi Sequence maths, theory & whatnot so it's cool.

Only noticed now the '1337' wedged in the Level 1 and 2 track titles, lol

Edited by Bob Dobalina

I just like the music, I don't really read too much into the theory.

Aleksi has released some amazing music in the past couple of years. The 'is Aleksi lusher than Aphex' thread was laughable to me when I saw it. But TBH it feels like he has mastered his craft now. And I kinda think he is.

Edited by Ifeelspace

I just like the music, I don't really read too much into the theory.

Aleksi has released some amazing music in the past couple of years. The 'is Aleksi lusher than Aphex' thread was laughable to me when I saw it. But TBH it feels like he has mastered his craft now. And I kinda think he is.

Told you so...Everything is so clear it makes me feel like I'm in an entirely unique space brought to form by Aleksi.

When I placed my order, I thanked Aleksi for releasing such high quality files. He replied saying I was the first person to thank him for it... and that it was much appreciated. :beer:

I said thank you multiple times... :beer:

Just received Colundi Sequence Level 4 : it might turn into my fav one of the Colundi bunch. Most playful and varied material of the serie yet, kinda reminiscent of the Ovuca Bonus.

Guest jasondonervan

Just received Colundi Sequence Level 4 : it might turn into my fav one of the Colundi bunch. Most playful and varied material of the serie yet, kinda reminiscent of the Ovuca Bonus.

Splendid, hope mine arrives today.

In other news, I have to ask: do La Poste deliver on a Sunday?

Guest jasondonervan

i havent listened to this yet and i want to die

Reads like a Pitchfork review :emotawesomepm9:

my copy has arrived.

this is really super uplifting stuff, like a playground for frequencies. it is amazing how aleksi is able to create wonderful musical tracks regarding they are based on sequences.

my copy has arrived.

this is really super uplifting stuff, like a playground for frequencies. it is amazing how aleksi is able to create wonderful musical tracks regarding they are based on sequences.

At the risk of sounding like a complete imbecile, what do i need to buy to connect this little card to my laptop?

Guest jasondonervan

my copy has arrived.

At the risk of sounding like a complete imbecile, what do i need to buy to connect this little card to my laptop?

You've got to punch the USB jobber out of the card, then make sure you put it in a USB port the right way up. Avoid the superposition:

kYGTLjc.png

It's a USB key, jasondonervan wasn't being an ass - I do that every time with those types USB flash drives: try to slot it in one way, and then the other, and then the other other (as in the original) before it seems to read it.

i wasn't even at that stage

I couldn't work out how to open the damn thing and i thought, no way is this thick enough to fit into usb drive.

I now realise it slots in anyhows.

Thanks Jason Donervan, it was the superposition thing that foxed me :P

I couldn't work out how to open the damn thing and i thought, no way is this thick enough to fit into usb drive.

Oh right - flipping the chunk at the side to turn it into the actual USB drive? Had exactly the same issue with the recent Touch compilation

I love stuff like this - very innovative stuff, and nice to see something 'physical' in today's digital file world.

Aye, I meant to ask this on the AAA topic last year - I wonder if Autechre have wanted to release their stuff on USB or SD cards a la Raster Noton ?

Guest jasondonervan

i wasn't even at that stage

I now realise it slots in anyhows.

Thanks Jason Donervan, it was the superposition thing that foxed me :P

Nay bother, spacey.. nothin' but love up in the watmms :boc:

Superposition foxed me not 5 minutes before posting up my pics, I was a bit worried as I rarely have much luck with pre-loaded content on USB drives. Fortunately I observed the USB and all was fine.

I love stuff like this - very innovative stuff, and nice to see something 'physical' in today's digital file world.

Physical digitals = the phuture