IGNORED

Mark Pritchard - Make A Livin'

cear

I'm going to give all of his recent solo stuff a good listen today before commenting either way: I haven't seen this kind of reaction over a release for awhile.

If my memory serves me, opinions toward his tracks as Africa Hitech were, at worst, lukewarm.

that vocal sample is really grating, sheesh. cmon pritchard, lets have some melodyne.

yeah it's a pretty off-putting vocal to loop, it's just fine in the original song

it starts to get to you in a bad, bad way

I walked out of a Africa Hitech set about 15 minutes in, i'd say that classifies as lukewarm since I planned to go see him and enjoy it

Hah.

I meant watmm in general. That sucks about the set, I've yet to walk out of a show I planned to see.

I wonder if this "Make a Livin" is in response to ranting about him charging ridiculous amounts of money to get these 3 EPS which end up being worth about an album?

It's almost $110 after shipping for these 3 EPS, and I constantly bitched (in other threads and forums) about how he didn't combine these into one release.... it seems like he made this track in response lol. Everyones' got to make a livin', right?

I don't know

it would be really amazing if one day a highly respected artist really did release the hyperbolic fantasy famous watmm exclamation of recording a fart and sold it for thousands of dollars. Mark my words this will happen and spark all sorts of debate

it would be really amazing if one day a highly respected artist really did release the hyperbolic fantasy famous watmm exclamation of recording a fart and sold it for thousands of dollars. Mark my words this will happen and spark all sorts of debate

I think this EP is about as close as we will get, in the meantime.

Really though, It's a bit of a piss-off that we have to pay over $100 for 12 tracks... oh wait, 15 tracks since they throw in an instrumental of the title track.

Blatant rip off.

I like the tracks, but the way these are being sold is almost alleyway rape.

I walked out of a Africa Hitech set about 15 minutes in, i'd say that classifies as lukewarm since I planned to go see him and enjoy it

Really? When did he come here, or did you go somewhere?

I've seen Middleton twice and would listen to a set of his plenty of times over, but I think I might be afraid of what I'd find at a Pritchard show these days.

Well if it's anything like this

I've seen Middleton twice and would listen to a set of his plenty of times over, but I think I might be afraid of what I'd find at a Pritchard show these days.

Well if it's anything like this he spends ages farting around on the decks, jabbing buttons on the mixer, then just randomly crossfades whether it's appropriate or not - http://boilerroom.tv/mark-pritchard-steve-spaceks-africa-hitech-45-min-mix/#video

Archived