IGNORED

AAA - Ask Autechre Anything - Sean and Rob on WATMM!

Joyrex

Sean, Rob do you know/enjoy Tool?

:cisfor:

Yeah, I wanted to make you happy.

Sean, Rob do you know/enjoy Tool?

:cisfor:

i never heard them

once i think at a glastonbury years ago but it was so far off my radar then i think i totally ignored it

You should listen to them then. Lateralus is one of the best albums in history in my opinion. Incredible composition, deep, intelligent lyrics, clever drumming and they work with tension very well. It's almost a tribal experience. I mean seriously, you have to give it a try. King Crimson did opening act for them in US.

What kind/model bicycles do y'all ride these days?

ah i sold mine when i moved about a year ago

was a marin nail trail, hard tail thing, p good, light but a bit stiff

might get something more roady soon tho

Given the BBC Micro shenanigans, how did Warp take to this 'solo' collaboration (mmm, that's quite the oxymoron) -

CS1612737-02A-BIG.jpg

don't care, genuine fuckup, all good

not like its gonna hit sales of autechre is it

ever get offended by particular sounds and/or musics? (if so, by which?)

not that i can think of

I was so stoked when you played Mirror Man by Beefheart a few years ago on a marathon radio show (I think it was around Quaristice), my fave Beefheart track. I wonder, you dig Zappa as well? Any specific albums/periods?

Lastly, I'd really like to know what happened to this track (any backstory, is it a Keynell remix actually, why wasn't it released?)

Thanks again for this whole thing btw. You guys rule supreme! Edited by Herr Jan

Given the BBC Micro shenanigans, how did Warp take to this 'solo' collaboration (mmm, that's quite the oxymoron) -

CS1612737-02A-BIG.jpg

don't care, genuine fuckup, all good

not like its gonna hit sales of autechre is it

When you'll be homeless sitting in the rain in an alley on a box of unsold Draft 7.30 copies, that banana is going to haunt your dreams forever.

since about 2 weeks ago, I've been working on hex editing the background of the nord g2 demo software (the one that is limited, but lets you do all the sounds within the computer (w/o any hardware)) so that it's a clean black background instead of the horrible grey tiled background with DEMO written all over it, it should be finished by next monday (preparing for a gig this wk so gotta focus on that for now) I know you guise have the real hardware and all but would you like a copy when I'm done?

I was so stoked when you played Mirror Man by Beefheart a few years ago on a marathon radio show (I think it was around Quaristice), my fave Beefheart track. I wonder, you dig Zappa as well? Any specific albums/periods?

Lastly, I'd really like to know what happened to this track (any backstory, is it a Keynell remix actually, why wasn't it released?)

Thanks again for this whole thing btw. You guys rule supreme!

i never got into zappa

when i got into beef heart it was that mirror man period stuff i first heard and the funk on it blew me away tbh

i never heard any zappa that's really got that. john french is just a stupidly good drummer when he's doing that rolling blues style, totally sick

yeah i dunno why that never came out, maybe just didn't feel very finished, but now it's one of my fave mixes of it

Sean and Rob, listen to Shostakovich Symphonies Nos. 5, 8, 11 - because once you're dead you'll regret it your whole lifetime. E.g. he's as gorgeous as you in creating transitions.

Edited by Guest

What kind/model bicycles do y'all ride these days?

ah i sold mine when i moved about a year ago

was a marin nail trail, hard tail thing, p good, light but a bit stiff

might get something more roady soon tho

Yeah I recommend you go one of two extremes, super leet (read Elite) £1000 carbon fiber road warrior like maybe Rob your Haro is fashioned, or look for something from the 60's-70's, road, and spend the money on components like dérailleur, the latter being one of my favorite things to do...Raleigh in particular is a tank of a machine and surprisingly light sometimes even being made of steel from the 60's...

Re: Tempest 2000

I dunno actually, I was gonna ask you!

Do you guys know much of Cex's stuff? Do you like it? He is one of my Fav's but he doesnt get that much recognition round here. You can tell you guys have been a big influence on him but he always brings his own style to it.

Thanks again for this whole thing btw. You guys rule supreme!

yeah thats us sort of during down time, back then we might have the DAT or CDR on all afternoon while jamming.

when they were pretty long, we'd keep them for ourselves, but the radio mix gave us the opportunity to run otherwise overly long ideas, without the attention span issues associated with so called actual tracks. i'd like to have these around to listen to all the time. in between doing tracks

What where you thinking about when making SURRIPERE?

Is there a main topic in Oversteps like space or deep sea?

Do you play the releases to close friends to see if they like them before you release them?

1 - Where in space are the Paralel Suns located?

2 - How tall was the beat you used in "Overand"?

3 - You've been asked to DJ to the cons of "Fury 161". What Phylyps "Trak" do you throw in the mix?

4 - Mike McMahon or Carlos Ezquerra?

5 - Fedor Emelianenko or Anderson Silva?

6 - Minimal Nation or Internal Empire?

7 - "Happy Cycling" or "You Could Feel the Sky"?

8 - Selected Ambient 1 or 2?