IGNORED

Apart from Joyrex, who are the eldest users on watmm?

pierlu

:) thanks everyone for the stories, I did not know about the former incarnations of watmm :)

I mostly become a user cos of em411 slowly dying and my obsession with druqks and aphex in general (and the big tits thread, I reckon lol)

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

met joyrex on aphex start and saw him post sometimes on warp when they had a forum... He started announcing joyrex.com... been here ever since.

Oh shit the WARP forums, I had forgotten about that!

I guess aged 35-40 you could be considered a braindance veteran. But theres some crazy old members who are older than 40 here. They should be listening to classical music.

Going from IDM >> Classical music is a natural, it's actually quite nice and you see no difference between Shostakovich and Autechre.

I seem to remember them being coloured based on the artist being described. Lets see if I can remember which was which -

Purple - Various/General Warp discussion

Silver - Autechre

Light Blue - Boards of Canada

Pastel yellow - Aphex Twin

Red - Nightmares on Wax

Orange - Squarepusher (maybe, doesn't sound right, was orange perhaps LFO ?)

Hmm, that's all I can remember

squarepusher was green and lfo dark blue i think

i lurked on joyrex/watmm since 2000 i think, was more on aphextwin/autechre.nu at that time
i don't remember when warpcomm went down but it wasn't long after i started lurking there

Oh shit the WARP forums, I had forgotten about that!

I was trying to remember the name of it when it existed. Was it something like Warpcomm ?

Warpcomm was great - I loved the counting thread and I wonder if poor Fiona ever got Autechre.

I seem to remember them being coloured based on the artist being described. Lets see if I can remember which was which -

Purple - Various/General Warp discussion

Silver - Autechre

Light Blue - Boards of Canada

Pastel yellow - Aphex Twin

Red - Nightmares on Wax

Orange - Squarepusher (maybe, doesn't sound right, was orange perhaps LFO ?)

Hmm, that's all I can remember

Squarepusher was turquoise. LFO was orange.

Joyrex.com days.

I still wonder, but does anyone know what happened to ejchris, Carth, aron, and all of our other fallen brothers?

Those are names I have not heard in a very long time...

I lurked for a few years and then joined when I got high speed internet at home finally in 2007. My lurking was almost completely exclusive to the BoC and Aphex sections.

been here since 2004, lurked prior to that since 2001. posted on xltronic from 2001-2004. for some reason i thought i should only be on one board and xltronic seemed better, at the time. i can't even remember why i started posting here. i do know easterlingman and plantre were the first people to reply to my posts and welcome me in.

I guess aged 35-40 you could be considered a braindance veteran. But theres some crazy old members who are older than 40 here. They should be listening to classical music.

FLOL, I'm 43 and…I can't remember what I biked in here to say.

I was huge into Quake3 when it came out, and I think that was about the time I started visiting joyrex.com.. I don't remember so much concrete about that time, but it was a magical time.. No rules to be read.. Discovering so much music. The first place I posted my tunes where I had the feeling people where into it. I stayed mostly over in EKT, but read and had lots of lols.

I've been hanging around here/xlt/tefosav since around 2001. I kinda hate how xlt never had a giant crash because a lot of my really embarrassing posts and tribute art are still there. ARGH

Joyrex.com days.

I still wonder, but does anyone know what happened to ejchris, Carth, aron, and all of our other fallen brothers?

I'm friends with Aron on facebook; he's still doing music stuff, this time in a band. I haven't actually listened to any of their stuff though!

Not as long as most here on wattm, but I was on the mu board quite early on, the old orange and beige message board thingy.

Yeah, it was a good board, much like this one, i tended not to post so much on there, a bit like on here, I prefer to read for some reason lol

I used to hang on Joyrex.com . I can't remember my username. I remember trading a member one of my RDJ masks for a tape of Universal Indicator / Caustic window tracks.

I lurked here for a while before joining up.

I joined roughly around the release of WIndowlicker....the old site used to have this awesome jukebox that played On (28 mix) when you logged on....and I remember never having heard that before or being able to find it online...this was back in the day of napster and kazaa..

There are a lot of other fond memories:

-Prof. Robbie D. James apparently swindling one of his ebay buyers out of a Bradley Strider poster

-umbromanii's insane ramblings

-Penguingod and his poetry

-the oh-so-arrogant J Swift

-the oh-so-idiotic Reflex, who made an LOLrific photoshop cover for a tribute album

-phobiazero and Joyrex rivalry

-Theocide first posting his digital art

-Diao helping me with one of my high school science projects

-Orange Dust's old mp3.com stuff

-Cell (wtf happened to him?)

-Carth and his AFX lyrics page

there was also some dude that really pissed loads of people here off, and one of us ended up making an entire website mocking him...it was hilarious....I cant remember the guy's handle, but he absolutely LOVED U2.

lots more that I cant remember right now.

Archived