IGNORED

Eno • Hyde - Someday World

cear

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The album is streaming on NPR at the moment. I'm glad I didn't pre-order.

Wise. I don't understand the point of pre-ordering. Sorry for the language but what's the fucking point precisely? Unless you get an extra goodie. Which you don't, lol.

Brian Eno and Karl Hyde are due to appear on Lauren Laverne's BBC 6 Music show on Wednesday 7th May (10:00-13:00). The BBC's page says they "will be performing a very special four song session live from our Maida Vale studios". The show should be available for streaming for a week afterwards. BBC streams generally work on PCs & Macs worldwide, but people sometimes report problems when using phones or other portable devices.

Brian Eno and Karl Hyde are due to appear on Lauren Laverne's BBC 6 Music show on Wednesday 7th May (10:00-13:00). The BBC's page says they "will be performing a very special four song session live from our Maida Vale studios". The show should be available for streaming for a week afterwards. BBC streams generally work on PCs & Macs worldwide, but people sometimes report problems when using phones or other portable devices.

Cool thanks for the heads up, might check it out.

+1 for no point in pre-ordering (especially from blerp) as there is no benefit and it will be cheaper from elsewhere on day of release.

Something I've noticed about Bleep is how they offer you a 24Bit encode of an album but when there is a deluxe version such as is the case here, you can't get that as 24Bit. So you'd have to buy the album twice.

This same thing happened with Small Craft on a Milk Sea.

On the pre-order front, my 2xLP of this came from Norman Records this morning, so it's not always a bad idea.

Have to say I fucking love this, but it's a big, bouncy, melodic pop record with a few weird moments, which is the kind of thing I'm always after. Completely get why a lot of people aren't digging it. But yeah, wonderful record. Mother of a Dog is particularly wonderful.

I pre-ordered this with minimal expectation, but Who Rings The Bell and To Us All alone justified my taking the plunge. Plus it has Andy MacKay on it which gave me a mild buzz. Second CD is nondescript although Titian Bekh redeems it a little at the end (plus negates the need to splash out for the Japanese CD).

First World problem Alert.

With it being a Bank Holiday in the UK tomorrow, do you suppose the digital editions will still be available? I'm assuming the've been sat on S3 for weeks so I guess it only needs someone to log in and update the page.

Why the bloody hell didn't they use that to promote the album rather than the U2 esque one with midi trumpets - that's flipping great !

Archived