IGNORED

Eno • Hyde - Someday World

cear

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

oh no atop hates it too. I came in here for some atop positivity after seeing you were the last poster.

eno what happened? I understand you don't want to repeat yourself but come on

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, as a song this is fine, but bearing in mind the musical resources at Eno's disposal something like those MIDI brass sounds is near unforgivable. I must be (I hope I am) missing the point here...

I feel like I must be missing the point too, because I honestly think this is truly dreadful. So, so far away from what I was expecting.

Maybe this makes more sense in the context of the whole album?

I mean, as a song this is fine, but bearing in mind the musical resources at Eno's disposal something like those MIDI brass sounds is near unforgivable. I must be (I hope I am) missing the point here...

I dunno, for me it's exactly the opposite: the song is awful, and especially the echoed guitar is horrible, but the MIDI brass sounds nice. Actually it's the only good thing about this track for me.

What's with the vocal recording? It seems really sloppy. I would've thought by now he'd know that doubled vocals sound terrible if the consonants aren't in sync.

What's with the vocal recording? It seems really sloppy. I would've thought by now he'd know that doubled vocals sound terrible if the consonants aren't in sync.

this is not true and in fact a classic eno technique - listen to by this river...

Eno’s finally pulled the Oblique Strategies card that reads, ‘Fuck it, just use the presets’.

from

http://www.factmag.com/2014/03/10/what-is-eno-doing-brian-eno-and-karl-hyde-route-94-how-to-dress-well-and-more-reviewed-in-the-fact-singles-club/4/

LOL the return of Oblique Strategies could explain this track! I hope Eno and Hyde do some interviews and expound upon their artistic intent at least; I respect them both enough to hear them out!

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

usually you release the best track that gives a good overview of the idea of the album

Guest totemcrackerjack

If Eno and Hyde are taking the piss for the rest of the album, I want it to pour. Bring on the sadism.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived