IGNORED

Eno • Hyde - Someday World

cear

Not everything Eno has done has been brilliant. A lot of it meanders into the realm of boring and middle-of-the-road. I listened to The Pearl the other day and it was mind-blowing tedium on a grand scale (IMO). A lot of what he doe's isn't that great, but he's still a brilliant individual/artist/etc/etc.

Sometimes I think people go into hyperbole when they see his name, and I think I'm guilty of that on occasions.

We'll see how this pans out lol

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not everything Eno has done has been brilliant. A lot of it meanders into the realm of boring and middle-of-the-road. I listened to The Pearl the other day and it was mind-blowing tedium on a grand scale (IMO). A lot of what he doe's isn't that great, but he's still a brilliant individual/artist/etc/etc.

Sometimes I think people go into hyperbole when they see his name, and I think I'm guilty of that on occasions.

Yeah, the Budd collabs have their moments but I agree that they are a little bland overall: nowhere near the level of Ambient 1, 4 and 5.

Not to get too sidetracked, but i picked up Neroli and it is up there with the Ambients, Pearl, etc. Imo

Meditative bliss

Yeah, the Budd collabs have their moments but I agree that they are a little bland overall: nowhere near the level of Ambient 1, 4 and 5.

ambient 5? I thought that was just a lisa loeb track?

ambient 5? I thought that was just a lisa loeb track?

Ah, some people refer to 'Apollo' as 'Ambient 5': myself included.

Late October is my favorite thing from him...

(but it depends where you live too)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man, the MIDI trumpets were beautiful but Daddy's Car is like a so-so David Byrne reject. The production also has a loud, up-front sound and for some reason it's a bit unpleasant to listen to.

Well, it's still OK, I guess.

Archived