IGNORED

Autechre - SYptixed

cear

if the reproduction environment imposes significant distortion as to degrade the perceived response (freq/time-domain), or the ambient noise floor is high, etc etc ... then of course headphones can function as a net benefit. however issues localized to your environment do not allow for a catch-all generalization for all reproduction systems across all acoustical spaces. it's the equivalent of writing off the performance or abilities all automobiles based on your experience with one particular model who may or may not have even be operating within the confines of the deigned envelope in the first place.

distinguishing details of panning does not imply accurate stereo imaging, as with speakers within a bounded space of which the pertinent signals destructive to imagine are mitigated.

Alright, I've conceded that I may have misused the term stereo imaging. And yeah I'm sure if you are a sound engineer it's possible to get the acoustics, eq and speakers all set up properly to have a perfect sound quality, but I think it's tough to argue that headphones aren't a way easier path to near-perfect sound quality. I can spend like $300 on some Sennheiser cans and basically no time at all and have professional sound quality, but to do it with speakers requires more than simply money. You need a quiet environment, good acoustics, expensive speakers, proper positioning and all sorts of other stuff. Plus the sound will only be 100% perfect while you're looking dead on at the speakers. If you turn your head the sound quality will be slightly different. Headphones don't really have this problem.

Edited by thehauntingsoul

but I think it's tough to argue that headphones aren't a way easier path to near-perfect sound quality.

the contention of the original statement had nothing to do with any comparison of headphones vs speakers vs etc it wasnt the topic of discussion. a bit like saying formula1 cars something something handling and then saying well no one can afford a formula1 car so nevermind

not a fan of this song at all. pretty rough. where is the innovation? also id like to note I've only just gotten into them recently having only heard confield, draft and gantz. i predicted their albums were just going to keep getting gnarlier. :[

not a fan of this song at all. pretty rough. where is the innovation? also id like to note I've only just gotten into them recently having only heard confield, draft and gantz. i predicted their albums were just going to keep getting gnarlier. :[

listen to all their releases than wait a few years come back to this track close your eyes relax and you are going to be a fan.

• Like 1

Holy shit I listened to this track for the first time while dozing off for a nap and had the craziest visuals, like I was tripping on acid. Really squirmy bio-organic beings melting in a green acid ocean . Keep doing what you're doing AE, never stop!!

Holy shit I listened to this track for the first time while dozing off for a nap and had the craziest visuals, like I was tripping on acid. Really squirmy bio-organic beings melting in a green acid ocean . Keep doing what you're doing AE, never stop!!

so AE are getting biological now

Edited by Kavinsky

there's yer problem

They do get gnarlier, they just take longer to understand.

i think the 'chre have always been sufficiently gnarly, tubular, and bodacious

Edited by baph

i think the 'chre have always been sufficiently gnarly, tubular, and bodacious

And righteous, radical, wicked

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Phonejack

I honestly think this is one of the most emotionally powerful tracks AE have made in a long time. I'm totally in love with it.

Guest pixelives

Insanely emotional. Has a good amount of that Oversteps sadness. Kind of nice that the second 1/3 almost has an A/B structure going on. Allows for easy access for the uninitiated, but without compromise. One of my favorites in a long while. Please continue with the unabashed return to lush!

Maybe my ears are playing tricks on me but it seems that those tremolo'd notes are widening in the stereo field on those longer held decaying notes in the phrase. Cool effect.