IGNORED

bands/artists you can't understand how other people could like

LimpyLoo

MPP was good. So was Centipede HZ... Not a huge fan of their older releases though I can see the appeal!

:shrug:

I think I just have to give them a few more listens

I'm the opposite, MPP was meh, Centipede HZ was even more meh.

Sung Tongs and Feels are still their best releases, imho.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drone

have never quite understood music which main purpose is to be funny, like when popular youtube videos gets the auto tune treatment, that selfie song, the lonely Island and "what does the fox say". everything just turns out downright stupid

have never quite understood music which main purpose is to be funny, like when popular youtube videos gets the auto tune treatment, that selfie song, the lonely Island and "what does the fox say". everything just turns out downright stupid

...and that's it. nothing more to understand. what's the purpose of melancholic music?

beethoven is my no.1 guy (like the joker) but i laughed on this:

It's not an artist, but Deathstep does my head in

imma be honest that first one flip flops between being obnoxious and actually being kind of fun with it's wob quotations

yeah does sound like music you'd hear in a bodybuilder video, though

Alright, could you guys give me recommendations then? I'm talking about the harder stuff, over the top guitars or the lead singer gurgling into the mic, or whatever screamo is. Not stuff like Tool, whom I kind of like.

sup!

one of the best black metal albums i ever heard, as chaotic as it is amazing, top notch black metal musick

taake - doedskvad

the best fucking death metal album ever, crushes everything

nile - in their darkened shrines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-OYNRptNwE&feature=player_detailpage

now if you want detuned like fuck guitars, inhuman snarerushes on baby skulls and beast gurgling, this is the best fucking over the top deathgrind album ever, EVER!!

skip to track 5 to hear the actual album ( the first 4 is a new track + 3demo's)

devourment - molesting the decapitated

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m_9zmO_NsQ4

not instant like music but give it time and you'll be playing them years

now if you want to go really over the top i recommand you these compilations with the best and worst gore/grind/shitnoise from all over the planet

you can download them for free in this thread :cisfor:http://forum.watmm.com/topic/81505-ivan-oozes-realm-of-gore-and-sickness/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJPFPwUHDPM&feature=player_detailpage

My thing about 'Snares, and this applies to any artist, is his use of vocal samples. Ruins the ambience. Unless you're a true pro with the vocal samples (Steve Reich, Brian Eno, etc.) let the music be the focus, not a sample of someone's grandma reciting the pledge of allegiance

huh????

since when does steve reich use vocal samples? or brian eno? What? like they.... use.... vocalists? that sing?

I'm so confused.

I'd say that It's Gonna Rain, Come Out, Different Trains and that 9-11 piece could be said to qualify as dealing with vocal samples, especially the first two.

As for Eno, he has a few gallery pieces with vocal samples in them but more significantly My Life in the Bush of Ghosts has tons of vocal samples.

My thing about 'Snares, and this applies to any artist, is his use of vocal samples. Ruins the ambience. Unless you're a true pro with the vocal samples (Steve Reich, Brian Eno, etc.) let the music be the focus, not a sample of someone's grandma reciting the pledge of allegiance

huh????

since when does steve reich use vocal samples? or brian eno? What? like they.... use.... vocalists? that sing?

I'm so confused.

I'd say that It's Gonna Rain, Come Out, Different Trains and that 9-11 piece could be said to qualify as dealing with vocal samples, especially the first two.

As for Eno, he has a few gallery pieces with vocal samples in them but more significantly My Life in the Bush of Ghosts has tons of vocal samples.

City Life is also based on vocal samples, isn't it? I love the sound of the voice that says "check it out", I wonder how a piece that was built around the texture of the sample rather than its rhythm and its intonation would sound like.

By the way, I know nothing about music theory, but to me Steve Reich sounds a lot like electronic music. I know he's been an influence, but what I mean is: is this because of the harmony? Or the instrumentation? Why is it? Sometimes I'd swear even the timbres sound synthetic.

(also: if I recall correctly, Eno's Music For Airports is actually a manipulated tape loop of a vocal sample)

oh duh, that would qualify as well since those vocal pieces are tape loops.

excellent point about reich's City Life too, I'd completely forgotten that piece and it literally uses a sampler to play those vocal passages.

d-lol must've been trippin.

A friend linked me to this noise documentary last night; I thought it might be relevant to this thread:

If that doc says anything about noise it's this: there's the good, the bad, and the ugly hilariously pretentious silly shit

Archived