IGNORED

Reaktor 5 is $99 until May 28th

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a scientific explanation for this difference? Or is it just a happy accident?

As someone who really doesn't give a crap about stuff recorded above 44.1/16bits I do actually understand the need for internal calculations at a higher sample rate:

If it's just input -> output, you'll be fine - but the more steps inbetween (i.e. the more effects in a chain) the more the need for the precision of calculating the rounding/manipulation of numbers so you don't get a cumulative degradation of the frequency precision. Pianoteq Pro for example has an internal sample rate of 192khz as it has shit loads of calculations to do in the physical modelling before then outputting it to the downsampled rate of your DAW

Ah, gotcha. Like I said, it doesn't really affect my work, since stylistically I'm a fan of digital aliasing and artifacts..

12bit 32khz fuck yeah

AMIGA 4 LYF

Ah, gotcha. Like I said, it doesn't really affect my work, since stylistically I'm a fan of digital aliasing and artifacts..

12bit 32khz fuck yeah

AMIGA 4 LYF

I'm a fan of artifacts too, which is why I use the Serge Creeture reaktor patch in normal as well as with ultra high oversampling rates, it gives you a very different timbre. It's not even that it necessarily 'sounds' more aliased, it just sounds different.

I've been dabbling with this now and making my own ensembles. A simple subtractive synth, a dub delay and a weird sequenced/stochastic ring modulator.

I haven't actually started with Reaktor since I want to finish some stuff in Reason first. But I intend to do some tunes in Renoise/Reaktor and work more or less the same way as I do in Reason. If you guys want to share your ideas in a seperate thread I'll definitely be in on that. Reaktor is like LEGO Technic for me..

I want to start with some sort of filterbank/FFT FX looper, I had something similar in Bidule a while ago which I want to recreate.

Guest Hanratty

Great! I'd be very interested in an ongoing watmm Reaktor adventures thread.

How about a contest to make the new "WATMM" ensemble?

Guest Hanratty

What would that be, an endless Analord/Tuss soundalike generator?

Yeah, or a glitch sampler with AE loops loaded into it.

Can you share presets from Reaktor? Because i have some seriously crazy ones I've made id like to share.

If they are for existing ensembles (like the factory content), you should be able to do use "save preset" I think.

Starting to work through http://adsrsounds.com/product/courses/native-reaktor-5-masterclass-learn/ tonight, will let people know if it proves to be worthwhile :)

So begins the journey down the rabbit hole... hopefully music comes out the other end?

Finding this pretty hard to watch, FWIW, which is a shame because it seems like there's some good content in there.

The audio is just terrible... which for something like this seems basically unforgivable :(

I am really loving this program. It's fast to get something up and going with the core and macro tools and Carbon is a nice synth to play around with.

Four manuals to read through to learn the ins and outs, though... will probably be some time before I can really dig deep into it.

Do some of the old community made instruments/ensembles not work properly in Reaktor 5? For instance, I can't load in new samples in plasmaclone?

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed it.

Archived