IGNORED

Boris with Merzbow - Live @ Boiler Room !

triachus

Boris sounds quite different from the stuff I've heard of theirs (always thought they were instrumental for a start, didn't realise they had a vocalist :emb: ), almost sounds Grouper-esque in places

They vary so much, especially their more recent output. Since Pink they've been all over the map. I saw them in 2007 and plan to see them soon. In the meantime they've put out quite a diverse discography on top of what they had already recorded before they got a lot of attention outside of the metal community (I myself didn't check them out until 2006 or so)

I mean fuck, they're borderline Anime series closing credits music here:

http://youtu.be/hVJ0YVkOAaA

A shoegaze + blastbeat track they came out long before Deafheaven capitalized on the sound:

Guest jasondonervan

I'll be seeing them for the third time in the beginning of August. One of my favorites to see live.

If I can time it right, I should be able to catch them in Tokyo in September. Fingers crossed!

Boris sounds quite different from the stuff I've heard of theirs (always thought they were instrumental for a start, didn't realise they had a vocalist :emb: ), almost sounds Grouper-esque in places

They vary so much, especially their more recent output. Since Pink they've been all over the map. I saw them in 2007 and plan to see them soon. In the meantime they've put out quite a diverse discography on top of what they had already recorded before they got a lot of attention outside of the metal community (I myself didn't check them out until 2006 or so)

I mean fuck, they're borderline Anime series closing credits music here:

http://youtu.be/hVJ0YVkOAaA

thxs for posting this, been caning it all day along with sophie, makes me want to watch flcl (were as sophie makes me want to go out and get blind drunk in the summer heat).

I saw boris & sunn live, they performed separately and then together, it was 10/10

edit: it made me think of mbv

I'll be seeing them for the third time in the beginning of August. One of my favorites to see live.

If I can time it right, I should be able to catch them in Tokyo in September. Fingers crossed!

Plan to see them in a month in Austin. Only seen them play once before back in 2007 at a sxsw day show Scion hosted.

Archived