IGNORED

Chuck Palahniuk writing sequel to Fight Club

Rubin Farr

I'm all for this but April 2015? Sure sounds like he's been working on this for years :facepalm:

I hope the art style is similar to that of the movie and has Brad Pitt/Ed Norton's likenesses in there, otherwise meh.

I remember being totally blown away by Fight Club (the film) when it came out in the cinema, never read the book but was imnpressed with Survivor. Still have Haunted and Monsters sitting on the bookshelf.

Fuck graphic novels-- the only visual format for books that is next-level are flip books, that play full-length feature films. When the "reader" flips through the pages, the roughness of the thumb interacts with the edges of the synthetic-fiber pages in a way that plays back audio; like a vinyl record.

I've been watching YouTube videos at 2x and have used VLC to watch films at 3x+, with full comprehension. So I believe it is possible to put the density of a 2 hour film, into a flip that lasts less than 10 seconds. The point being- obviously- the format of narration through the moving picture has to be changed.

When this narration form is mastered, though, we can spend more time with family and friends; less time watching thousands of YouTube videos that ultimately say: "Humanity."

Fight Club both as a novel and film were alright, but Chuck's writing really took a plunge with his last few novels, I haven't really even kept up lately. I'm skeptical of the quality in which this will be written. Could be interesting to see it as a graphic novel but this seems like more of a cash grab.

Archived