IGNORED

What is the rarest video game you own?

NorthernFusion

Guest jasondonervan

That's super lush, mr. Donervan. Reminds me a bit of flOw:

Yep, that lovely gloopy underwater feel... gotta love it.

This is another chilled PS3 game that passed a lot of people by - 'Afrika'. it was never released outside of the US/Asia, basic premise is you cruise round a safari park on a jeep, get out and take photos of wildlife (rather than shoot them).

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, they're not very robust as games (I mean, the plot in each is paper-thin) and they're not even that rare, but I love 'em. They bring me joy every day, mainly as desk clocks.

conkers bad fur day for the n64, i bought it for £50 5/6 years ago, amazing game

I've never played this, and the original Xbox remaster isn't an option either since it has parts of it are missing from the original.

i highly recommend getting a emulator for it, if anyone is on a mac and needs a n64 emulator sixtyforce is so far damn good.

I've owned stupidly rare games, but for some reason I've always sold them:

TENGEN Tetris for the NES - I still have the game cartridge actually, but I bought it from a rental store and it has a anti-theft strip hot glued to the side of the cart...

SEGA Tetris for the Mega Drive - in the box, manual, the lot - got rid of it when I sold my Genesis and 60+ games to get a NEO GEO console, which brings me to:

NEO GEO Gold System and 38 games - I went on a tear as a teenager that had no expenses and a good paying job in high school, so I was buying NEO GEO games from the US/Japan at easily 100.00USD+ a pop (the big titles were around 240.00USD each). I had the entire collection up to Viewpoint (which in itself goes for stupid money these days), and sold all that when I moved to Texas to buy my first car.

Strider 1 & 2 for the US PS1 - this is the version that the discs are misprinted, with Strider 1 being on Strider 2's disc and vice versa.

I also had the Namco Dial Controller for the PS1 - used it for Arkanoid Returns on PS1. Really wish I didn't sell my Japanese PS1 and games...

Always wanted the Neo-Geo (had to settle for riding my bike 3 miles to the bowling alley to play "Samurai Shodown" when I was a kid), and still can't really afford one. I got the "Neo Geo X" emulator console system (handheld+docking station with HDMI output) as a cost-effective solution. Has decent reproduction joysticks, although there's a screen tearing issue. For me, that's minor when considering the cost.

conkers bad fur day for the n64, i bought it for £50 5/6 years ago, amazing game

I've never played this, and the original Xbox remaster isn't an option either since it has parts of it are missing from the original.

i highly recommend getting a emulator for it, if anyone is on a mac and needs a n64 emulator sixtyforce is so far damn good.

I don't have an xbox so I'll have to go with an emulator. On windows I have used Project64 with some success.

Always wanted the Neo-Geo (had to settle for riding my bike 3 miles to the bowling alley to play "Samurai Shodown" when I was a kid), and still can't really afford one. I got the "Neo Geo X" emulator console system (handheld+docking station with HDMI output) as a cost-effective solution. Has decent reproduction joysticks, although there's a screen tearing issue. For me, that's minor when considering the cost.

I thought about getting a NEO GEO X, but it's basically an emulator (barring the joysticks, which I LOVED my NG joysticks), and I have all the games I had (and then some) on my Mac, so unless I can pick up either a NEO GEO to USB adapter or get the NEO GEO joysticks for PS2/3 working on my Mac (and find one cheap enough)... I'll have to settle for my generic joystick I use for Street Fighter 4.

Reading this I'm thinking "what could be so special about a joystick?" but that Neo Geo gamepad sure looks nice.

Any watmmers have an arcade machine? That'd be IDM as tits.

I thought about getting a NEO GEO X, but it's basically an emulator (barring the joysticks, which I LOVED my NG joysticks), and I have all the games I had (and then some) on my Mac, so unless I can pick up either a NEO GEO to USB adapter or get the NEO GEO joysticks for PS2/3 working on my Mac (and find one cheap enough)... I'll have to settle for my generic joystick I use for Street Fighter 4.

You can sync your PS3 pad via Bluetooth, no?

Yeah, they're not very robust as games (I mean, the plot in each is paper-thin) and they're not even that rare, but I love 'em. They bring me joy every day, mainly as desk clocks.

Dude if you were a kid in the 80s you didn't complain, I played Parachute for 8 straight hours once on a train trip thru the EU. the old dayz...

SEGA Tetris for the Mega Drive - in the box, manual, the lot - got rid of it when I sold my Genesis and 60+ games to get a NEO GEO console

Man, I hear this one is pretty damn rare

NEO GEO Gold System and 38 games - I went on a tear as a teenager that had no expenses and a good paying job in high school, so I was buying NEO GEO games from the US/Japan at easily 100.00USD+ a pop (the big titles were around 240.00USD each). I had the entire collection up to Viewpoint (which in itself goes for stupid money these days)

Uuh what?? You said HOW MANY NEO GEO GAMES???

Really wish I didn't sell my Japanese PS1 and games...

Aaagh that's the cherry on top!

The thing is, the Neo Geo X reproduction joysticks are USB: they even work with PS3 games. You should look into it.

I guess that E.T. game for the Atari. As for shittiest, it probably leads the list as well, in addition to Goonies & Karnov for NES.

Archived