IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

I got the weird etched cards, sticker and credit card thing that no one seems to have piped up about. Not posting pics again though.

the cards that play a song when you flip them like a playing card deck?

Something drags me to listen to this again and again. I'm really enjoying the dream like soft tone of the album. Also the previously unheard tracks begin to grow like I expected. Really digging Circlont14 and Syro. Last time I had this teletubby effect was with BW's Good Programs last year. Want more albums like this!

Guest Chesney

I got the weird etched cards, sticker and credit card thing that no one seems to have piped up about. Not posting pics again though.

yes, exactly

The bits i formally hated in "4 bit..." at the end, now aren't so bad and are far less to-the-forefront on my lovely vinyl copy

Also........is it a but sad to have my Windows phone all "Syro'd" out of it? Oh well.......

tumblr_nd2kk0IcNS1tddprzo1_500.jpg

yes, exactly

whoa really? pics and recording pls

Edited by very honest

Guest LoveRhino

^yes. Yes it is a good song. It feels like a constantly evolving primordial soup of stereophonic bliss. I cannot get enough of it.

it has drum n bass, club music, weird aphex moments, pop songs, piano ambient, rave anthems and even dubstep!

from 80's funk to 10's EDM, best bass available on the market, with catchiest tunes and trippiest effects!

confusing layered lyrics and doubled song names mixed with foreign singing, with even more puzzles to unsolve!

with technical songs being symbolyc and metaphors such as playful, everything is in it's right place

morphing of the tracks was never being so conceptually well done, being just bunch of random stuff

combine it with smart marketing and 13 (7 actually ffs) years of waiting and you got it!

the best electronic album ever created!

get your fucking copy of syro today!

it isn’t what it sounds like

[the basslines] don't even know they're basslines

#secrets #illuminati #conspiracy #witchcraft #vegetableswithcheese #IjustpoopedthisoutwhilstfinetuningmyScottishrobotarmy

it has drum n bass, club music, weird aphex moments, pop songs, piano ambient, rave anthems and even dubstep!

from 80's funk to 10's EDM, best bass available on the market, with catchiest tunes and trippiest effects!

confusing layered lyrics and doubled song names mixed with foreign singing, with even more puzzles to unsolve!

with technical songs being symbolyc and metaphors such as playful, everything is in it's right place

morphing of the tracks was never being so conceptually well done, being just bunch of random stuff

combine it with smart marketing and 13 (7 actually ffs) years of waiting and you got it!

Where do you hear dubstep? Its simply not there.

Guest LoveRhino

[quote name="nature" post="2234905" timestamp="1412726091

There are definitely a few nods to / quotes from dubstep in there if you listen. They're cheeky but obvious.

Guest cult fiction

The bits i formally hated in "4 bit..." at the end, now aren't so bad and are far less to-the-forefront on my lovely vinyl copy

It's true the vinyl version of 4 bit is quite a bit less snarf-y and excellent overall. Going to try to do a quality rip of mine this weekend so I don't have to listen to the over compressed CD master anymore.

Isn't s950tx16wasr10[163.97][earth portal mix] dubstep between: 03:42-04:15?

Edited by blgnse

Isn't s950tx16wasr10[163.97][earth portal mix] dubstep between: 03:42-04:15?

I always thought that sounded more like garage. Starting at 2:37, that song is no longer drum n bass, really. but I still wouldn't call it "dubstep". Cuz it isn't.