IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

god this is incredible.

i'm getting legitimately pissed that my day today is booked out already with interviews and meetings so i can't listen to this thing in whole yet. playing what i can..

god this is incredible.

i'm getting legitimately pissed that my day today is booked out already with interviews and meetings so i can't listen to this thing in whole yet. playing what i can..

dense as drukqs
analog as analord

fonky as tuss

wyrd as icbyd
hooky as rdj album

inimitable in every way

will be able to write a proper review in about 10 years once this digests

sad to see richard still hasn't moved away from post-african repetitions

Yeah. I was hoping for some modulating tempi honestly. He should listen to Stockhausen's Song of the Youth.

dense as drukqs

analog as analord

fonky as tuss

wyrd as icbyd

hooky as rdj album

inimitable in every way

will be able to write a proper review in about 10 years once this digests

Ima steal your review for my review k?

It's pretty good so far. The melodic content isn't very upfront/catchy though. Might take a few more listens to get used to it!

to me it's nothing but catchy :music: His most catchy stuff to date I think... in terms of a release as a whole.

sad to see richard still hasn't moved away from post-african repetitions

Any example? I find all the percussions a nice addition to his sound. Some of it is like his most "earthly" material. :)

i think petina was making a quip about Stockhausen when a music writer played him an aphex twin track

This goes well beyond The Tuss, don't you think? Well beyond Analord as well and sounds so much smoother than Drukqs.

I'm thinking this, but I haven't listened to it enough to decide. Definitely growing on me very fast. My first listen wasn't as exciting as my second.

Especially of note, for me, is that there is a lot of emotional content in here that feels very warm and dream / lucid-dream like. Perhaps it is just that I've taken Valerian and am half awake but it is notably deep emotionally. It has been some time since I have been this directly shaken by music.

For a synaesthete it is a lot of information, almost an overload, at first listen so I will need more time to absorb every detail and feeling, but the mind/dream/etc-scapes that it generates within me are immediately vivid and feel like they have one foot inside this world's door, and the rest very much outside.