IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

i just listened to this on headphones on my bed. really good stuff here. the sound design is just as amazing as the melodies and beats,.. lots of crazy stereo effects. at some points i thought it was almost ambient, not ambient slow but because there are a lot of layers going on in each track it's easy to get lost in.

i'm glad i didn't wait a week!

there is some really amazing stuff going on, I can already tell it's going to take me a long time to get tired of it.

I really really like it so far. It... fills a void.

So much fucking texture, like tuss-style, but better.

does anyone else think there's some BOC influence? it crossed my mind when listening first time., i dunno

Lol

I'll cross your mind with an axe.

I went to bed downloading some unseeded torrent last night, and I just woke up reading this thread... Sounds like something is in the "mail" today :rdjgrin:

Good day (night, really) to be alive.

BTW...

remember when the BoC album came out

and WATMM was flooded with members-with-10-posts

complaining about the album?

yeah, that was really obnoxious

hope that doesn't happen this time around

Guest cult fiction

Richard's best, most evocative and intricate album. Middle of the album has the best sound design of any album I've ever heard. Love how simple, low, and centered the percussion is on most tracks, really lets the unreal synth work wrap around it.

I don't think headphones were used a lot when mastering this. Sounds 10 times better on me stereow.

that's actually the original purpose of a real mastering job, not for being played on headphones

I don't think headphones were used a lot when mastering this. Sounds 10 times better on me stereow.

that's actually the original purpose of a real mastering job, not for being played on headphones

serious-gaming-with-speakers-taped-to-he

I think the birds in Aisatsana are a really clever way to serve the same effect as the creaking from the swinging piano at the Barbican. It seems really deliberate.

Edited by rddm